Solstice AI challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a typical result from this challenge:
    If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

And yet another. I can't seem to get Doc. AP soon enough to hold off Miriam. Typically no-one wants to talk with me or trade tech. In this game, elections occurred very late & Aki Z. was most obliging once contact was made- but it was too late to hold off Miriam. I sank one land bridge but Miriam was already over.

If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

Comment

Here's an "easy" version of the SMAX scenario - you have about another 30 years before Miriam hits you, and she hits you more gently.
        Attached Files
        "Cutlery confused Stalin"
        -BBC news

Comment

Likewise for SMAC
          Attached Files
          -BBC news

Comment

Ack. I know the hard version can be done. It's just an elite fanatic X rover attack followed by X Noodle mass gassings while being ignored or besieged by the other AI's. Nothing a mircale can't handle.

I think a "Lightning Rod" is required. A base the X Witch can't ignore, an outpost to strike her bases and keep the Xneedles away from chewy center. But theres so much worm in the way, so the only way is to found it via sea transport. So be it. With an outpost in her territory she'll also be easily framed and thus at war with everyone else, especially Domai and Morgan.

Comment

I've been going in blake's direction, an outpost near enemy factions for the only purpose to frame everybody.

Comment

Hmmm seems the easy way is just to lower the land bridges, there are 5 to lower, it helps to found a forward base to make it affordable to lower the first one, the next two can both be lowered in one go. The 4th is getting quite far south and can be delayed further, the 5th is via the South Pole and thus a very, very long route. And the WP is essential.

But then I know how the game ends... I get magtubes and plasma shard tech, masses of formers, train up elite shard infantry, build a landbridge + magtube to Morgan and overrun him, rinse and repeat with the other factions until conquest victory or transcendence. I'm tempted to try something else, like not conquering anyone at all and trying to out research them.

Comment

I recently returned to this challenge. Determined to win it. Again worms give me hard time, especially when I run Wealth and Free market. Units are so weak that do not stand a chance against them.

I find diplomacy very changing. At one time I got easily Pact with Domai, other times all are very hostile towards me. Interesting setup.
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest
                  WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

I finally won. Not elegantly or particularly well, but I Transcended in 2333.

Attached Files

Comment

i got my but killed,but not by x units,i got bases probed out from under me by miriam.couldnt get the other factions on the line,all at truce,but i think my first run (till 2160) has given me a good idea for the next one.i dont play seriously,so this is tough

am using smac tho
                      if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by H0bbes
                        I finally won. Not elegantly or particularly well, but I Transcended in 2333.

I carefully looked over the save, and it looks like it was a brutal game. Miriam was actually ahead of you in tech at the end, and had a brutally large native army, for some reason. Morgan soaked a PB from someone, and I think a few more PBs were thrown around. Aki succumbed to Miriam, as expected. The Pirates founded and captured an impressive 64 bases, many with large populations.
                        -BBC news

Comment

Working...
                        X