No announcement yet.

Time Warp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, that is just retarded. Obviously the Gaians are always going to get the WP, as Morgan for the ME...

Why I never will play time-warp again...

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the Drones or the Hive got the WP, actually.
      CentEco is the first tech that many folk will research.

Comment

How does Time Warp affect you if you have restructured your SPs and tech tree? I put the Uni Translator much earlier and I wonder if that means that a faction will get their hands on that if I Time Warp.

It's just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right!
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Yeah, but lets consider this realistically. The gaians have an interest, the Drones and Hive don't. Same reason the University would get the Supercollider, they have the interest...

Not to mention that more than just the drones and hive will get centauri ecology first...

Comment

Alinestra Covelia,

I'm fairly sure that the SPs are distributed based on their position in the SP list in alpha.txt, rather than on their prereqs. Note the players getting PTS without IA, etc. I've never changed the order of the projects because, as you say, it's easy to just change the tech prerequisites and otherwise the list order doesn't matter (well, except for movie lookups, etc.). I've never heard of anyone changing the list order. It'd be worth trying!

-Smack
            Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Perhaps make the Ascent to Transcendence one of the first projects, and hope it's the one you get...

Comment

Commy.

Comment

Hmmm, that gives me an idea for a scenario...give everyone their starting tech, + threshhold of transcendence. Then make ascent to transcendence the only victory option. Make it on a really tiny map, and maybe throw intense rivalry in there or something.

I don't think it would be much fun with the AI (the AI doesn't fully understand the importance of building the Ascent. They start it all right, but they don't put any additional resources into it like EC's or crawlers like they should be doing). Against some other humans, though, it could be interesting...
                  Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
                    It's just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right!
                    Put your hands on your hips, and pull your knees in tight
                    A RHPS fan
                    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Working...
                    X