No announcement yet.

How are Lab points wasted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy parks are notoriously good targets in multiplayer, but can be defended even against the human player, though it's much more taxing. Against the AI, it's usually quite easy to find a spot beyond the reach of the AI. One player here at Apolyton even builds his energy park in the center of his empire, leaving his bases in a ring around the outside, typically along the coast..

Defending an energy park is usually unneccessary in a Single Player game. The AI just doesn't get it:

Now a break for the story of:

_How The AI comes to visit your Energy Park_

'Huh? Is it a crawler parking lot or a solar panel graveyard?" 'I dun get it Miriam...'

'Look Yang, those are tombstones, and we should be quiet around this part of town'

'But Miriam, my bible-thumping friend, how in the **** is Morgan studying Quantum Power when all we have are our dinky hand weapons?' 'I'm tired of carrying around this **** hammer for Mao's sake!'

'Ouch! Relax Sheng Ji, Morgan doesn't have any weapons, and I have a plan '

(some minutes pass while floating aimlessly around in their Unity foil)
    Last edited by smacksim; June 20, 2004, 02:21.
    Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

'Huh?'

'Just feel the music Yang, sing along!

(sings)
      'Crawlers are for sissy-boys,
      and trawlers are for Sven.
      And when I get my Synthmetal,
      Oh boy you'll know when!'

'That's great Yang!, let me think of one...'

'Morgan has no Xenobannanas,
      and Zak, he has no Fun.
      But the Believers know how to party-down,
      And you'll know how to Run!'

(zzshwish-zzshwish-zzshwish-zzshwish-zzshwish)

'Did you hear something?'

'Yeah, it sounds like a cricket, only a LOT louder!'

(A beaming, gold-toothed god-like entity paradrops onto the deck of the USS Unity Foil yacht)

'Say, You two ruffians would't happen to have seen a vial of longevity vaccine floating around here have you?'

(Yang drools over the hardware while Miriam prays for a Synthemetal bible)

'Oh, Miriam, , I didn't recognize you in that clever retro-Unity suit. Are they fashionable again in your neck of the fungus?'

'Now listen here Nwabudike, Yang and I have come to give you a really hard time . So, why don't you just cough up some of that vaccine for your dear old pals from the past?'

'I think you might want to reconsider your position, my oh-so-high-and-molehill friend Miriam'

(18 Clean Fusion Choppers come over the hill and surround the hapless Unity foil and her crew)

'I don't happen to have any vaccine with me, but perhaps you'll soon be interested in purchasing several new pair of underwear...'
      Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

'Sheng Ji, did you bring the songbooks?'

'We are unworthy of Morgan,
        for we don't know how to crawl.
        When we want more energy,
        we seem to hit a wall.

How do you make so many good things,
        and know so many tricks?
        While Yang and I wander the fungus,
        Looking at our ***** sticks!'

'Thats not a crawler graveyard,
        my fine but foolish friends.
        Its a masterpiece of commerce,
        and the beginning of your end.

It's an Energy Park!.
        It's an Energy Park!.
        It's an Energy Park!.
        And it can do .... Anything!!!!'

'Oh.'

-Smack

Comment

Applause
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Thats brilliant smack
            Play hangman.

Comment

This is the reason why it's sometimes a good idea even for an OTer to read different forums sometimes... *applause*
              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

good stuff
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

/me didn't get it
                  But I like energy parks. Plonk sensors and bunkers, surround it with AA defenders (and perhaps a few rovers).

Comment

'Say, You two ruffians would't happen to have seen a vial of longevity vaccine floating around here have you?'

* guffaw *

Comment

:shrug::noidea:

Comment

Very talented. Make another one...

Comment

Working...
                        X