SMAC/SMAX Links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC/SMAX Links

Hey, I was wondering if you guys has good links to SMAC/X. I am playing SMAC right now, cause my friend is in Washington D.C. forthe summer with his game. So i can't play the updated version yet.

Anyways, do you guys have good links that you would share with someone trying to get good at this.

The one I'm really looking for is a site with a black background and stars on it, and it explains how to correctly install SMAC and not get stupid errors on it. But I figured other stuff would work well also, for myself and the general public.

Welcome Malanche00,

You've found the best site for SMAC(x). There are many here who've been playing since it came out 5 years ago. Also, there are many Civilization players at Apolyton who also play Smac. Quite simply, this is the site for turn-based-strategy gamers.

Although you often don't see many posts about technical issues like 'How do I install on X system', this is only because it's been covered many times. So use the search button and see what you come up with. Make sure to have it search posts for a large chunk of the past.

As to a Smac site with black background and stars, my Aldebaran mod for Smac {Aldebaran}
    looks kind of like that and has install instructions. However, it's about a mod, and not about how to install Smac per se. So I can't help you there. Perhaps you are thinking of the Network Node? I'm not sure if it's up right now....

-Smack
    Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Is this what you're looking for?

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

Yes Petek, thanks .

I had a bunch of links on my old computer but it is gone now. Thanks alot.

Comment

Hey, SmackSim!
          Aldebaran is yours??

Haven't you thought about re-making it a bit & adjusting it for SMAX too??

If you have, I could even help you!!

Or maybe making an entirely new mod?
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Yep, and yep. I've been fooling with it this week, now that I have Smax. It's been years! . You're welcome to help out. Post in the Aldebaran thread in the creation forums. Maybe I'll get cooking on it faster than .... not very fast.

-Smack
            Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

CGN is also excellent: www.civgaming.net, especially www.civgaming.net/smac/academy.shtml.
              "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Working...
              X