X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question to CMNs about special abilities

Hey all the CMNing people!

Im not very expierenced in this, so I must ask:

If I give a "freeabil, slow(the representing number here)" to a faction, will its infantry become *-*-0 ??
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Are infantry transports *-*-0?

Comment

Nope!

I just asked if I give "slow" as free ability to a faction, will it have all infantry at a movement of 0?
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

In that case, take a look at the attacked file.
        I edited the #UNITS section to find what SMAC thinks of a Slow Infantry Transport.

It's still got 1 Movement Point.
        I guess that means all infantry will have 1 Movement point.

Note the imaginative name for the unit.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice one!
          But rovers, do they have movement of 1 now?

Comment

But, wait, you did it in different way than I asked:

Try adding FREEABIL, S to factions .txt file
            where S = number (id) of "slow" ability (its at the end of abilities table)

Comment

If you add FREEABIL to a faction file, that faction only gets the ability when it researches the prerequisite tech. Since the slow ability has a prereq of disable, you can never research it and the faction will never receive it. You can change its prereq to "none" to cause it to take effect immediately, but then all the other factions will have the "ability" to add slow to units.
              "Cutlery confused Stalin"
              -BBC news

Comment

yeah "none" is the point, but willl that work?

Comment

Simple, add it to the spartan faction, start a game with it and see of their rover moves one or two...
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

This is all to very interesting, but I think that you should make it sound more futuristic, like, "sluggish", instead of just "slow". Or how about "quantum singularity graviton slower-downers"?

Comment

Working...
                    X