Fending off planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or the legendary anti-tank spearman...
    Last edited by Enigma_Nova; June 22, 2004, 02:55.

Comment

What does sadastic mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Commy
        What does sadastic mean?
        I assume its a misspelling of sadistic which comes from sadism.

sa·dism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sdzm, sdz-)
        n.
        The deriving of sexual gratification or the tendency to derive sexual gratification from inflicting pain or emotional abuse on others.
        The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from cruelty.
        Extreme cruelty.

I actually think he mean masochism in that it would be painful on oneself to have to kill worms ones by one

mas·och·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ms-kzm)
        n.
        The deriving of sexual gratification, or the tendency to derive sexual gratification, from being physically or emotionally abused.
        The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from being humiliated or mistreated, either by another or by oneself.
        A willingness or tendency to subject oneself to unpleasant or trying experiences.

---------------------
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Other (obvious) ways to avoid and survive when Planet goes ballistic:

Atrocities: Don’t use nerve gas or other atrocities. Planet doesn’t like all this negative energy. Planetbusters are ‘right out’, of course. Use a few of these and you’re hosed (Planet does NOT like having huge holes blasted in its neural network).

Social Engineering: Keep your Planet rating high since this significantly reduces your chance of eco damage. For you Morganites out there, try Dem/Green/Wealth. Others may like Dem/Green/Wealth/GA. Gets you lots of energy, and a good Planet rating. Some of the late game SE can help, too.

Inoculate yourself against eco damage: getting controlled >pops< early to increase eco-free mins, and then building eco friendly structures is a good thing from Planet’s point of view.

Think ahead: if your eco damage is through the roof do you 1) ignore it or 2) build lots of cheap and clean empath and trance units with a good move rate. As others have said, if you are prepared you should never lose a base due to a nasty fungal bloom, even if you’ve been a very bad boy.

Comment

Replace mineral producing squares with nutrient producing squares and build Nessus Mining Stations. the nutrients will allow the bases to grow and recive more minerals from space and the space minerals be clean minerals and apply to all bases
            Are you safe from the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide? Learn more at www.DHMO.org.

Comment

Don't design factions that get an execve bonus from fungus squares, I thought it would be fun to make an easy faction that got +10 nutrient, minerals, and energy from fungus, ended up with a ton of >pops< in the first few turns, the exesive mineral production combine with execive nutrient so bases grew fast and got even more minerals created massive eco-damage. Think its hard dealing with Planet late in the game, try taking on 10+ mindworms, isle of the deep, and locus per base with barly any tech, just got res power for attack and defence, sure your bases build a unit a turn, but only one each turn isn't fast enough! Plus you have to spend a turn to build a presure dome because global warming starts in 2110! At least most of the other factions lost most of their bases to submersion!
              Are you safe from the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide? Learn more at www.DHMO.org.

Comment

Set doctors, stop Nutrients, no more planet rape.
                Control the >pop
                Sure would be fun to submerge everyone by 2110.

Comment

I think I may get away with it anyways, 70+ clean minerals! But Zak has at least 1 presure dome so I'll have to deal with some survivers.

Comment

Working...
                  X