Black boxes for Spartans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black boxes for Spartans

When I play Spartan the little box that denotes base size becomes entirely black so you can't read the number. What can I do to avoid that?
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Re: Black boxes for Spartans

Originally posted by HongHu
    When I play Spartan the little box that denotes base size becomes entirely black so you can't read the number. What can I do to avoid that?

Leave your cities undefended.

On a more serious note, try adjusting your monitor's color / contrast settings. More contrast is good, just don't set it to 100%, as that can shorten your monitor's lifespan.

Comment

Same here. All I can remember is that I had been making changes in the alphax.txt. I just don't remember what I changed though.
      "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
      "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
      "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
      "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Faction colours, especially those of The Hive and Spartans, are really pain in the a$$ when it comes to text and numbers. The only proper way of dealing with this is changing the brightness of the faction colour in the pcx files, make it a bit lighter and less saturated, so that it's both pleasant for the eyes and makes suitable background for text and numbers.

Comment

Working...
        X