Who said AI doesnt use crawlers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who said AI doesnt use crawlers?

I remember reading a hundred times that "AI doesnt use crawlers even if it has them"

However, those people who said that must be those who never build EG and never get elected as governor and never infiltrate..
    or theyre just blind!

Ive seen AI packing crawlers in base where a SP is started right the next turn & then they somehow disappear and I get message that AI is "nearing a major breakthrough" in its SP production..

Its a pity that I havent got any screenshots of that game, but will try to get some ASAP

There's a screenshot where PK AI crawls minerals:
    Attached Files
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Gimme some save files.
    Otherwise, you could be taking a screenie of your own base.

EDIT: Or using the Scenario editor
    EDIT2: Or spying on someone in a MP game

Comment

I've seen AI build and use crawlers. They are actually very good about throwing crawlers at SP's / Prototypes, so good at it in fact, that you hardly ever see an AI crawler. The thing is they don't use them at all like a human, they won't crawl mines, if they bother building condensors (yeah yeah they do, but half the time on rocky tiles) they wouldn't crawl them either. They hardly ever build crawlers, and hardly ever crawl anything with them. So basically, the AI doesn't benefit from crawlers.

Dumbest thing I've seen the AI do was crawling minerals on a rocky tile... covered in fungus. Points for trying. When the AI does crawl stuff, I don't think they care what they crawl, they'll just has happily crawl an unterraformed tile as an unworked mine.

Comment

Enigma youre stupid!

Im not as untrustworthy as you seem to be!

1.If there are "(PEACEKEEPERS)" that means, it isnt my base
        2. - Will get the file if you want to see how my PK AI pactmate uses crawlers (he has ~10 of them)

Here's bigger picture to make you believe that this isnt MP -> have you ever seen a human having such a stupidly developed base??
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Picture

NOTICE THAT GOVERNOR IS OFF,BUT STILL HAs TWO PRIORITIES SET -> THAT IS ONLY POSSIBLE IF ITS AI!

Picture:
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
            Im not as untrustworthy as you seem to be!
            1.If there are "(PEACEKEEPERS)" that means, it isnt my base
            You can place (PEACEKEEPERS) at the end of a base's name.

2. - Will get the file if you want to see how my PK AI pactmate uses crawlers (he has ~10 of them)
            I didn't say you were playing against a very -competant- person in MP...

The 2 priorities with no governor means it is an AI, though.

Comment

See!

Comment

AND:
                You can place (PEACEKEEPERS) at the end of a base's name.
                Count the char number (lenght of string) & think a bit if its possible to write so much chars in "rename base" dialog

Methinks you wont have space for the last bracket at least!

Comment

at enigma Nova

You are the only guy on here that would even think to accuse someone of lying in an informational post. I think most of the rest of us assume that people tell the truth ( although they can be wrong, mistaken, innaccurate, it is the truth as they believe it to be)

If I were bintravkin, I would not have made any attempt to PROVE I was not lying and found your inneunedo laughable.
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I remember reading once something like this:

"A person who doesnt trust anyone is untrustworthy itself. He/she just extends his way of thinking to others and thus values them no better than him/herself.."

Ahh, it was in my course of SocialPsych at secondary school!
                    But who did say it?

I think it was that famous psychologist.. how was he called..
                    Sigismund Freud maybe ot something alike!

Comment

But an AI succesfully crawling 3 minerals?
                      I had to be a bit skeptical.

Comment

Yeah, yeah, but everything is good only if its not unlimited!

Think about you're saying & then say it if you still want to

The "(PK)" thing is obvious -> an expierenced player sees from the first sight that the basename is too long to be artifical!

Only real argument you had was that it was MP, but I think I would never start this thread if my words werent backed with appropriate datafeed..
                        I'd loose honor & honor is a value here on 'Poly!
                        Just think about it..

Comment

Funny that it's the PK's with the crawler. Of the perhaps dozen times I've actually seen an AI with more than one crawler, it's been the PK's about half the time.

BTW, see Googlie's post about adding 'Governor may make Crawlers' in the

thread. I've been wondering if this would also encourage the AI?

-Smack

Edit [whoops, I see you've been to that thread ]
                          -S
                          Last edited by smacksim; June 9, 2004, 12:11.
                          Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

I think EN was just making a little joke there, binTrav.

I've seen the AI crawler mines, and only mines. I've never seen the AI cash crawlers in for SP's nor spotted one in a build queue, but I've definitely spotted AI crawlers working mines.

Isn't there some kind of code-phrase you're supposed to use if you see an AI crawler so as to improve your karma? "Putt-putt truck!" or "Jinx! No takebacks!" or "Miriam's found a witch!" or something like that?

Err, wait, "Putt putt truck!" is what you shout if you spot a Volkswagen Bus ...

Comment

+2cents

In the five years or so I have been playing this game, I have seen the AI use a crawler once (Believers of all people too). It crawled a forest tile right outside of the Believers capitol. I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw it.

Unfortunately this was long before I started coming here so I never concidered taking a screenshot of it. Back then I thought I was a lone weirdo still playing an old TBS. Now I know there are many weirdos still playing this old TBS
                              "Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                              X