Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2298 the Morgan Corporation initiates a cunning plan to corner the global energy market, spending 13000 energy credits. The other two factions with the technolgy that can stop this victory are Offical Morganite Partners in Crime (tm).

This is the ideal type of victory for this type of game playing. Unusual.

Comment

Victory in 2318, with lowest population In the meantime I had made enough cash to conquer the market again. Had 2-3 of my bases on 50+ ED each turn, generating about 1000 extra cash per turn. And I only got the empath ability in 2310 or so, thanks to whacky blind research and the randomized AI priorities. Until then I softened the worms up with artillery, and mopped up with elite hovertanks...

Comment

I never understood the Military Strength graph. I've had military victories in which the only times I did no occupy the last place on the graph was short periods immediately before the demise of some other faction.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
          As to MP...I am uncertain that such a system would even be *possible* in MP,
          Obscure rules are not an issue so long as you have willing participants.
          Don't look at me, I'm micro-mad. But use some of the hype surrounding your name to generate a cult following.

I mean, I started an Open-Information PBEM. (ytyke)
          I also started a communications-turn-1 game (test-0)
          Hell, I even managed to get a multiplayer OCC started at one point!

It's all doable.
          without an exhaustive book of rules
          Maximum number of Mouseclicks/Keystrokes per unit or base.
          That's your rule.

Very quickly, we'd get into a situation where there'd be hair-splitting over exactly how the new "style" would be implemented in a PBEM game, and it'd be a recordkeeping NIGHTMARE which would detract from the fun.
          Chart your mouseclicks/keystrokes per year as you play your minimalist approach, and honour people to play with so few keystrokes.

I figure people in Apolyton are too distrusting and second-guessing of each-other.
          Honour runs through our ranks, and we're not a bunch of idiots. You can set complex rules by honour and they tend to be fulfilled.

AND to do it while making something that is a thing of beauty, rather than something that looks a lot like a high-tech parking lot...

Comment

It's been AGES since I've built one of these
            Attached Files

Comment

Gaians and eco-damage...
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
              X