How Is This Possible!?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Is This Possible!?!?!?!

I was playing two minutes before I made this thread (actually more like 20 minutes) when the Hive sent a probe team to the only base without a probe team as a defense and destroyed my hab complex. I was playing as morgan, so of course I could only go to population 4 until I needed to build one, but that evil fascist Yang destroyed it when I was at population 6, and the base just kept going on as normal!!

So I was thinking, if you can't scrap the facility, then why can the AI destroy it? Maybe it's a new MP strategy, have human players that are your allies destroy your hab complexes at bases above pop 7 so that you don't have to pay the maintenance...

But anyway, how is that possible? Is my game screwed up or something...

I think eventualy the population may fall back to 7, and the pop can't grow when the hab complex is destroyed, but instead of having allies desroy hab complexes why not just not build em'. You can instead build a colony pod, place the colony near some bases you want to grow, but not were it will take up important resourses, and have it build colony pods to increase the size of the important bases. Use this stratagy on my HQ when playing as an alien so I can gather all resourses in the base range and still have no drones so my HQ can build all secret progects and facilities to give enough tech points for a tech a turn
    Are you safe from the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide? Learn more at www.DHMO.org.

Comment

Hab Complexes are still useful at max population, in case your population drops, from ie:
      Building a colony pod
      Nervegas
      Disease

Or you build the AV and get +2 pop.

Besides the maitenance cost is not extreme. For the cost to rebuild the thing you could pay maitenance for half the game.

Comment

Working...
      X