Screenshot help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshot help

Hey guys...a moment of your time for this poor poor man.

I've been trying to make some screenshots of my games lately and they are all fudging up. I hit the "Print Screen" button in game, and when I open up MS Paint and "Paste" the screen is black with only a few images here and there.

Lesse, I have MS Paint and GIMP. Is there anyway I can get it so i can get a good screenie or is this a lost cause?

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Paste the screenie while SMAX is still running.
    "Cutlery confused Stalin"
    -BBC news

Comment

Indeed - and run your desktop in at least as good colur depth as SMAC.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

so you want me to paste the screenie and save it as .jpg while the game is minimized?
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

AFAIK, SMAC doesn't let itself be minimized, just sent to the background.
          "Cutlery confused Stalin"
          -BBC news

Comment

Do that in a good 256 color editing program.

Either that, or change the color depth from 8 to 16 bit at the desktop while SMAX is running.

Comment

And save it as a .BMP then use PS or a similar prog to change it to a .jpg for the best results.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I save mine to Microsoft Photo Editor - easily opened while the game is running (hit the windows key, and then select it, and then open a new file and paste it in) Alt/tab returns to the game

I do that with word, too, when I'm logging events in OCC and other challenges

G.

Comment

Okay SMAC has ISSUES with other programs. This is my procedure:
                  Playing SMAC, find something I want to Screenshot, hit alt-printscreen
                  Press the Windows button and load Paint Shop Pro
                  Alt-tab to PSP and "paste as new image"
                  Save the image as a .psp file (but really anything could do)
                  Return to SMAC
                  Quit SMAC, this causes PSP to crash
                  Reload PSP, open the saved file, resize/edit whatever, save as an optimized JPG or 8bit PNG

Comment

I use photoshop without difficulty.

open it first, then run smacx. take a pic using print screen, alt tab to the photoshop window, file, new, paste the image, save as jpeg and adjust size to 800x600, then jump back to smax.

-=Vel=-
                    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

I use Hypersnap - it takes screenshots from everything .
                      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Working...
                      X