Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the ******ing SMAC archives?

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Check out Vel's post in this thread:

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

I believe I have posted about the challenge rules a couple of times , but I was usually referring back to a thread from Vel which I assume is the one you say no longer exists
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

This thread

You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

oops-- hadn't noticed Petek got their first-- the referenced thread was actually started by me back when I was "cbn"-- back then I was was amazed at the idea that anyone could win this game with ONE base LOL.

Comment

It seems Vel's rules allow mind-control of enemy units...

I was making it even harder than hardcore then

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

"One City Challenge"
                Basic: (which is actually a two city challenge...or could be!)
                1. You can't build any colony pods. (You can use your colony pod to found a new base at the beginning of the game.)

2. You must abandon conquered bases either by starving, turning over to friends or obliterating. (I've never quite come to grips with how the whole starving thing works....'s always seemed easier to just turn them over to a friend).

3. You must win by Ascent to Transcendence.

4. You must build at least 16 secret projects.

5. You may only build native military units and units without weapon(armor allowed).

6. You must choose the difficulty level higher than Librarian.

7. You can keep whatever you find in the unity pods.

Advanced Challenge(changes to basic challenge):
                1. You must disband your initial colony pod immediately--IIRC, rather than disbanding the 2nd pod, you could simply add it to your OCC-base's population.

5. You can only build units with armor and no weapon.

7. You must disband any units you found in the unity pods.

Ultimate Challenge:
                1. You can only build one base, disband any colony pod at start (no adding to your initial Pop).

2. Abandon any conquered base by starving, obliterating, or giving away (must be done on the same turn as the base is conquered)

3. You must win by Ascent to Transcendence.

4. Blind Research.

5. You may not build any units with weapon, armor, and psi-ability. You can only bribe enemy units.

6. You must disband any units found in unity pods(including transport foils)

7. You must build at least 16 secret projects.

8. You must play at transcend level.

9. You will play on the "Planet" map.

-Jam

Comment

If you are doing an OCC game, I believe that you shouldn't be allowed to build any SPs, as it would make it easier to not, let's say, have to support a command center (command nexus), and I think allowing the use of psi and probe teams adds to the fun of having one base, but that's just my opinion...

Comment

Does the no weapon rule means no scouts may be produced as well? Or does the 'gun' weapon not count as a weapon in this ruleset? And what to do with the bribed units? Disband them immediately after taking them or can the player keep those?
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I dunno. I thought bribing was disallowed too, so it was never an issue for me in my OOC games.

Handweapons count as no weapon, so you can build 1-1-8 empath choppers for worm control for example.

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                      X