New exploit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New exploit

I stumbled across a bug where you can change production without paying the normal penalty, by using templates. The effect is clearly a bug, not only because it breaks a game rule, but also because the game acts strangely when you use it. Has this bug been discovered before? If not, I can explain exactly how to do it and how to avoid it.

In multiplayer, the bug would only be detectable if you watched an opponent's mineral production at the base screen or on the F4 screen, and noticed production change without the appropriate penalty.
    "Cutlery confused Stalin"
    -BBC news

Mmm yeah I knew about this one. Templates are very messed up, kinda a last minute bugged addition, you can also use them to build:
    Tacyeon defense before perimiter defense (this is quite useful!)
    Orbitals before Aerospace (useful if your cheap)
    Naval bases in land bases (to be weird)
    Ships in land bases. (more useful than you may think, mostly so you can get CLEAN SAM ARTILLERY, or Artillery before polymorphic software)
    etc

For orbitals before aerospace you don't need any aerospace, you just set the aerospace as the curent build, add an orbital to the queue, change the aerospace to something else (like rec tanks), rush that, and next turn you can build the orbital.

Comment

How do you get clean sam artillery from ships in land bases?
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Sorry triple post
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
          Combat Ships inherently have the artillery ability so you can add the two other specials of clean and sam-- You can do this in a port as well of course but the bug is using templates to build things in an inland base that could otherwise not be built there
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
            Combat Ships inherently have the artillery ability so you can add the two other specials of clean and sam-- You can do this in a port as well of course but the bug is using templates to build things in an inland base that could otherwise not be built there

Comment

Ships are automatically artillery. Add two abilities: SAM and clean, presto! Handy for taking out locusts of chiron when you have 100 ecodamage/base.
              -BBC news

Comment

So you use the ship as your garrison?

Too bad I learnt this too late. I had once have two ships trapped in my inland base because I had forgotten to move them out when I raised the land.
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Well, you can't use ships as garrisons too effectively because the attacker typically gains +100% against ships in port, but you can use them as artillery to counter-attack threats nearby. In particular, artillery works well against native life, since it can be killed by artillery.
                  -BBC news

Comment

Working...
                  X