No announcement yet.

English

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those old times . It is however nice to see that your head detaching sheep is still there.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I will never change my avatar (except for Xmas) even though I'm allowed to make it 25% bigger I will resist.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

But can`t you make it larger?
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Jam, do you have the originals that went into making your avatar? I could work on making your avatar bigger if you wanted, but it would look much better using originals than just blowing up the current one. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen.

PM me.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I could do it myself if I wasn't so damn lazy...

Umm... the originals may be hard to find, but I'll have a look.

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I had a feeling those "translations" would not pass muster with native-speakers.
              as Mr. President said:
              But those computer translation things never work very well.
              I could have included a better disclaimer that I don't speak or read any of those languages except for un poco español and λίγο ελληνικά and therefor could not verify the accuracy of them, but I did include the website under the list, and mentioned it was just for fun. It looks like the phrase "look up to" translated worse than the word "drones".
              Sadly, I've forgotten nearly all of the three years of high school Spanish (it was 24 years ago!).
              I dabble in NT (koine) Greek, but know pitifully little about its syntax.
              English — despite how I hated the subject in school — is now a topic about which I find myself seething when trying to read the butchered mess made of it by people born to it. It is sad to be reading in a forum and see how much better composition is done by those who have learned English as a second language.
              I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

why u criticeze grammer just bcuz u dont have an argument, who are you to criticize the way i put sentences together?

I actually saw something like the above sentence on the official Wizards of the Coast message boards. Kids these days.
                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Precocious little tykes.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I gone out for a weekend and everybody are now into grammers and speeling.
                    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

/me glares at HongHu

My initial guess is this:
                      AOL (or whatever you may call it) is a dialect of English.
                      People learn this language by associating with others who know the language.
                      That's how kids learn English from their parents, and AOL from the internet.

This new dialect evolves through every incompetancy and error in the english language.
                      It has become quite a far-removed dialect; it's almost enough to be considered its own language.

Thus, it is incorrect to judge the grammar and spelling of AOLiens, for they speak a language different to ours (and thus are not bound by the same rules of spelling and grammar).

As for HongHu?
                      You have your own dialect, and are notoriously poor at using plurals.

Comment

You know what are the worst grammers mistake I made? You likes to know that didn't you? Well I'm not gonna tell you. (Hey that one is completely without gramar mistakes!)

I studied one whole month without doing anything else before I retake the TOEFL exam 10 years ago and guess what happened? I got the exactly same low score as what I got the first time, and I got full score at listening which I didn't study at all other than listening to some tapes when I was half sleep everyday.

So I leant two lessons. One is that studying when you are half sleep is the most effecient. The other is that it is nice to have your own dialect.
                        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

You know what are the worst grammers mistake I made? You likes to know that didn't you? Well I'm not gonna tell you. (Hey that one is completely without gramar mistakes!)
                          You know what are the worst grammersgrammar mistakes I have made? You likeswould like to know that didn'twouldn't you? Well I'm not gonnagoing to tell you. (Hey that one iswas completely without gramargrammar mistakes!)

I studied one whole month without doing anything else before I retake the TOEFL exam 10 years ago and guess what happened? I got the exactly same low score as what I got the first time, and I got full score at listening which I didn't study at all other than listening to some tapes when I was half sleep everyday.
                          I studied one whole month without doing anything else before I retakeretook the TOEFL exam 10 years ago and guess what happened? I got the exactly same low score as what I got the first time, and. While I got full scorefull marks at listening, which I didn't study at all other than listening to some tapes when I was half asleep everyday.

So I leant two lessons. One is that studying when you are half sleep is the most effecient. The other is that it is nice to have your own dialect.
                          So I leant two lessons. One is that studying when you are half sleep is the most effecientefficient. The other is that it is nice to have your own dialect.

*Grins mischievously*

Comment

'full score' --> 'a full score'.
                            'full marks' is a set of words used widely around colleages here despite its lack of correct grammar.

/me slaps Kody around a bit with a large trout

Comment

Thanks you guys! Can't you see that I was deliberatedly making mistakes in my first paragraphs?

Not that I'm saying that my other paragraphs are were any better. But However (or something like that), it ain't wouldn't be my own dialect would it if it is they were without any mistakes?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Aww so does that mean I have to stop sharpening my red pen?

Comment

Working...
                                X