English

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamski
    I hate sporelaunchers the most, because sometimes they turn up early on IotDs and bombard my terraforming.
    They are the number 1 reason not to play SMAX, the CBA being #2, then the probes that can get through the HSA. At #4 comes the aliens, also at #5, and then comes crap like Kelpfarms and Thermoclines.

Pah.

-Jam
    Agree on sporelaunchers. And if there is even moderate amounts of fungus left, then they are not that easy to find. (well they are sometimes)

#2 CBA really is a bit too good, but that can be lived with.

#3 This I really hate! They spoiled my favourite SP!

#4 Well they don't have to be played and usually are taken out. Then again they offer some serious challenge as enemies

#5 What's wrong with sea square improvements?

Plus you get some nifty new factions with the expansion. (though I have to say that lately I've been playing a lot with the old ones) There also is some nice new SP´s like the one that gives you Energy Bank in every city. (forgot the name)
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." -Albert Einstein

Comment

• Anything that diverts a players' attention from simply build up 'till your strong enough to steamroll everyone else is a bless IMO. It's just a little reminder that the unexpected can lurk around any moment.

Would get too boring for me if every time a player just has to follow blindly a proven strategy to victory. What's the fun in that?

So go, Launchers, go Lurkers, go MW's, and above all, breed and multiply, Fungal Towers...
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• The sea square improvements are ok. Its the base facs that give +1 whatever to these improvements - they are so overpriced that they are almost always a mistake to build.

And the Planetary Energy Grid is pure cheese like the CBA. The effect is ENORMOUS!

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• What is teraform capping?

And what's up with the sheep and ducks Jamski?
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Fungal Towers, no contest.

Comment

• /me looks at Jamskis avatar and notices that sheep is missing

Someone kidnapped Jamski! And that composer is missing too!
              SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

• Not you, I hope? That brow is looking mighty suspicious and unsettling by the minute obstructor.
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Nah, simply a reminder to anyone that Jam started a new game series in the Other Games thread.

You know Jam, blatant advertising... :naughy:
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Look who is now making typo`s ! Even you are not immune to Great Mistyping (trademark)!
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

• GM is a trademark indeed, behold of typing it again
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Nah, simply a reminder to anyone that Jam started a new game series in the Other Games thread.
                        I'm going to use a new one every day to keep people aware of my new game *giggle*

Here's the first batch I made. That poor sheep it taking a rest for a while.

Yes - I was bored.

-Jam
                        Attached Files
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• Yes, the sheep is indeed taking a rest
                          Attached Files

Comment

• as well, Ob? You're using old pic's...

I'll follow it a bit, Jam. Might join the next one.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• So what? I am lazy at the moment.

Comment

• That's the third time you've killed my sheep!

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                                X