No announcement yet.

English

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure. Its not even in question. My parents made me.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Sure. Its not even in question. My parents made me.
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• Time travel has been around for a long time.

The secret to time travel is: that whenever you start to talk about it, people tune you out.

Do you want to hear the explanation again?

Comment

• Originally posted by binTravkin

Maybe they are physics no more?

Regarding those post bout Isaac Asimov - have read much of him too, especially I liked that story where a robot (AI) logically proved that there is God, that humans as lesser beings as him couldnt have created him so there's certainly some higher being(-s)...
          When looking at humans situation is very similar - they didnt believe that they have been monkeys once because monkeys are lesser beings and thus a higher being was needed to create humans..

Maybe the whole concept that lesser beings cant create higher ones is wrong?

Im certain it is!
          Aye, Robot.

I've noticed that I travel a lot further into the future while reading long threads like this one than when I read short ones.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
            Sure. Its not even in question. My parents made me.

-Jam
            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

• This thread is suffering from a terminal case of schizophrenia.

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
              *****Citizen of the Hive****
              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• Quoting myself:
                Maybe the whole concept that lesser beings cant create higher ones is wrong?

Im certain it is!
                Thus we have eliminated the need of God(-s), need of religy and all that stuff regarding it!

God has not been proven not to exist
                therefore becomes 'false'!

You still ask how?
                Imagine there's a higher being than us called God.
                Imagine it wants to create something.
                Imagine it wants to create something new.
                Imagine it wants to create something good & useful & interesting.
                What would it create?
                Humans?
                NO!!!
                They are lesser, therefore God wont think theyre good, useful, interesed or whatever..
                How could they be good? God is better!
                How could they be useful? God can do more!
                How could they be interesting? A lone hair of God is more interesting!
                Plus - they posess more bad attributes than God..
                How can one superior (especially mentally superior to humans as described in Bible & other holy writings) being could be interesting in creating something less superior???
                Instead it would try to create something at least as good as it, if not better!

Otherwise that being is not mentally superior!!!
                It is mentally inferior!

Therefore I state that:
                A God will always try to create Gods not humans!

Excuses for all who still believe in God, Allah or whatever, those who dont believe (as me) still have rights for their own opinion!

No pun intended..

Hough!
                Me have spoken!

---
                EDIT: Some grammar checked, sorry for other..
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• course through which this thread changes topics
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

• BinTravkin, you really need a drink in the Departure Lounge...
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• English in SMAC>automatic translation>time travel>SF novels>God> ........

Comment

• BinTravkin, you really need a drink in the Departure Lounge...
                        Yeah, Im a bit tired of working - trying to understand some Javasript/PHP/MySQL/HTML/XML file..
                        File not long: 23 pages x A4
                        But terribly coded..

But about my expressions above - you disagree?
                        Are you a believer?

Havent written so much arguments in 1 post for ages..

Comment

• 19-05-2030 11:51

What do you mean there is no such thing as time travel.

Let me just tell you SMAC/X Holo, version 5 is out of this world.
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Like there will ever be a sequel....

Comment

• Originally posted by HongHu
                              Because when he came back to the earth the relative reference frame again became the earth.
                              And why didn't the relative timeframe become the shaceships?...

Strange thing is that if the brother that stayed on earth actually stepped on the spaceship to meet his brother when earth meets spaceship again, theorectically it should be that he is the younger one because from the relative frame of spaceship it is him and the earth that went for high speed travel.
                              That's exactly the contradiction I've been trying to explain all along but no one seems to get.

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                              If a spaceship goes away and then comes back, it had to do some accelerating.
                              You intuitively think in geocentric worldview. AFAIK it's equally valid to say:
                              "If the Earth goes away and then comes back, it had to do some accelerating."

Originally posted by Jamski
                              We don't know why! But it works! Many experiments have been done with two identical watches and moderatly fast rocket travel (most famously during the moon expeditions) and every time the watch that had flown to the moon and back had less elapsed time than the one that remained on Earth.
                              And how do they know this phenomenon is related to the travelling? Based on this example, couldn't the explanation not also be eg that time goes slower when not in the close neighbourhood of mass (eg the Earth)?
                              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Main part of that experiment was not the travel to Moon, but comparing two atomic clocks, form which one stayed on earth and other was loaded into a supersonic airplane.
                                AFAIK, theoretically there is always a bigger timeframe in which it is possible to determine who is moving away from whom. Upon this "bigger" timeframe all our observations and physical laws are made.

Comment

Working...
                                X