No announcement yet.

computer problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya, capchka or something... and I found out its messed up and has been for months

wtf mickey mouse organization is Steam?

Now I cant even get a gift card locally to use at Steam

Their support has no mention of the problem or a way to contact them

Comment

Is it steam guard?
      "

Comment

all is well now, I dont know why but capcha finally let me in and I DL'd the complete civ 4 last night for $8 and its working (thats civ 4 with BTS, Warlords, & Colonization)...cant beat that

now I'll need to buy and DL civ 6 platinum, they want $35 for that

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
          all is well now, I dont know why but capcha finally let me in and I DL'd the complete civ 4 last night for $8 and its working (thats civ 4 with BTS, Warlords, & Colonization)...cant beat that

now I'll need to buy and DL civ 6 platinum, they want $35 for that
          civ 6 is a very different game from civ 4, but once you get the hang of it, it's super good
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Would it bother anyone if I <s>dumped</s> moved this thread into Return of the Revenge of the Son of Tech?
            AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
            JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

I am not sure but this might have something to do with the problems in the OP.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Unless this pc updated itself or I did it by mistake this pc probably has an older update cuz I think 10 was installed last fall or longer.

I dl'ed 4 & 6 and both crashed my new/used pc

and I uninstalled adobe flash player too late on my old XP one, I thought I lost the internet and civ 4 but it was just the game. Thats weird... What should I do about replacing adobe flash player? I assume I need it. Could it be the cause of messing up my civ 4 game?

I feel like Cartman finding out he cant play an old game because its old and the future cant adapt it.

Comment

now I'm perplexed, my civ 4 is working on xp and I haven't seen that weird looking screen of black with red dashes today. I might have 2 working pcs now, I gave up on this one

Comment

There's no way flash player (or it's lack) is interfering with civ (any version).

What you describe sounds more like hardware issues.

What do you mean by 'crashed'? What are the specs on your new pc? It's highly unlikely to not be able to run 4.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

game screen and mouse froze up

and my xp computer's in the shop too, the graphics are still messed up so I broke down and got a laptop

Comment

I'm getting anxiety from these Berz posts because they are reminding me of my late grandmother's computer 'problems'. Don't you have someone...tech savy...in your life who can fix your computers for you berz?
                        "

Comment

Working...
                        X