Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asmodean,
    No need to lecture me on Thai history, I wrote a 10-page article on it a while ago

What doesn't really become clear from your post is that the Thai and the Burmese have more or less constantly been at war or at foot of war with each other from the 16th century onwards, and Ayuttaya was captured by the Burmese several times (most notably between ~1560 and ~1580 and again in the 1760s, until it was sacked and burnt for good in 1767, as you indeed mention). Even today there are still tensions in the Thailand-Myanmar border region (as I discovered when I was there last year), not in the last place because Myanmar isn't a very stable country these days.

Since I only visited the west and south of Thailand, I don't have much firsthand experience regarding the Thai-Cambodian/Khmer relationship, so I'll take atawa's word for it if he says it's apparently just as bad as the Thai-Burmese relationship.

But yes, ethnically and culturally, Thailand is a mess From my experiences it would seem though that the Chakkri dynasty did a fairly good job in creating a single Thai national identity (with sometimes scaringly strong patriotic/nationalist tendencies, as atawa hints at), so I'd say it suffices to say your wife is Thai

What was the original topic of this thread again?
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus

What was the original topic of this thread again?
      Posting pictures of women in swimsuits.
      The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down on thee with great vengence and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengence upon thee.

Comment

• Hmmm... I must have missed that last part after pictures!
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• I must say this is probably the most esoteric debate ever to form in A/C.

Comment

• You bet!
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• And to get this thread back to business(for God knows which time...), a picture of my best friend. The picture is a couple of years old, so be carefull comparing it to those of me.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Are you sure you didn't just take your glasses off?

Comment

• Yes.
                  But honestly, we aren't THAT similar?

Comment

• You Nordics all look the same
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by atawa

Looking at you wife's facial features I'd say she's from Northern Thailand, mixed Thai-Chinese.

She doesnt look either Khmer or Isaan (Lao).
                      But she is from Isaan. Ubon Ratchathani to be exact.

Asmodean
                      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• Isaan... Ubon Ratchathani... Can you people at least TRY to speak English?

(Yeah, yeah, I know it's the local language... Ban it, I say...!)

Comment

• Okay...you're right. Enough with the threadjacking.

Here's another one of the wife and son
                          Attached Files
                          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• That's like ancient history in toddler years. I mean, I'm sure the kid doesn't look anything like that anymore. He's probably grown at least 2 shoe sizes since April, and probably in clothes too.

He doesn't look anything like you, BTW.

-30-

Comment

• Kids grow while your taking the picture of em.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zopperoni

Hey, did you lose weight? =)
                                About 30 kilograms
                                This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Working...
                                X