No announcement yet.

Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And we even had to wear crampons or else we could have fallen to our death on the rocks below
    Attached Files
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
    Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

• But before long it got quite warm and the snow turned to mud
      Attached Files

Comment

• And of course once you go down you have to eventually go back up!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by FeMme
          Nice action shots b etor

I don't think the other tourists at the Flintstones park were on the same wavelength as you though

The grand canyon is truly awesome but you only fully comprehend and appreciate it when you see it for yourself.

Did you walk down to the base of the canyon and stay overnight in the ranch? Rob and I missed out on this because we didn't book far enough in advance.
          flinstone trailor park actually. it was next to the airplane museum so i asked my dad if i could get a picture with the dinosaur.

no, we walked really far down the south rim, but not the very bottom. we couldn't fit it into my dad's schedule. i wish we could have tho. one of my art teachers told us about his trip and showed slides.

Comment

• I visited the grand canyon at the end of a week long (or two?) vacation which saw a lot of time in yellowstone and a family reunion (or two?). We were exhausted, I think we stopped, looked about, got back in the car and continued driving back to pick up my dad in California. I think we were driving 16 hours a day or something at that point.

In was the last vacation that all my siblings went on. It was almost the last family vacation, but my dad didn't go that time (he stayed with his parents, otherwise it probably couldn't of worked). I think that there was only one later vacation that family members went on, when I, my mom, and my younger siblings visited Victoria, BC.

Anyways, the point is that I would like to visit again, and spend some time instead of just taking a glance.

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoid
              Indeed. I'd really like to see the Grand Canyon with my own eyes...
              I love it. I need to go back. It was raining, and lots of lightning last time I was there. Couldn't do too much. I want to hike down a bit. Usually I'm with old people that can't do it. :d

Although now I don't know if I can. . I haven't been working out, and my knees aren't in great shape. Maybe if I overnight it. I think you can camp and not stay at the lodge (which is way expensive I'm sure- in addition to the need to book way in advance).

North rim is okay too. Lot more trees up on that rim. As it's a higher elevation and gets more rainfall.

Comment

• The authorities do not recommend that you do the round trip in a single day. In fact they actively discourage it as it's very risky.

I think that camping was an option but I believe you would have to do it in a designated spot. No wild camps allowed.

Comment

• Originally posted by FeMme
                  The authorities do not recommend that you do the round trip in a single day. In fact they actively discourage it as it's very risky.

I think that camping was an option but I believe you would have to do it in a designated spot. No wild camps allowed.
                  Good point maam!
                  Now, I am wondering, what is the wildlife and also the snake activity near and in the Grand Canyon?

I am petrified and in awe of Snakes

I couldnt believe in Honduras they had the big Scorpions, which is what would keep me from camping out under the stars.

Gramps
                  Attached Files
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• b etor - the view is quite good and you also have very nice composition.

your camera could use a notch of tweaking to get more contrast and more vibrant color though.

i'll photoshop a bit...

Comment

• sweetdeal.

no one made a comment about the little penis rock

Comment

• ?
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• nevermind

Comment

• THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Here's a few from my cell phone

I have a "firing range" in my basement, here's a few shot I fired recently. Looks like I have the direction part under control
                              Attached Files
                              Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

• bloody hell mate, hope you do not put that cell phone to your ear
                                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X