Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zoid
    The swedish lutfisk, a must have on christmas. I don´t know why, it tastes nothing and the consistency is like snot
    Is that Rommegrøt in the foreground?

Rommegrøt:

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
      Me as a Federal officer a mere 28 years ago
      Why, no ociffer, I haven't had a thing to drink. Now would you mind not being so blurry...?
      Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
        My new office.
        And MY new office (my first real office actually, I'm so proud). Including my commentary from my blog entry on the subject:

Yesterday I went into our office for the first time. We rent a room inside the office of Common Cause on the 9th floor of 1133 19th St, NW in downtown Washington, DC. Right by the Farragut North metro stop. We are just over a block from the famous K Street where all the DC bigwigs, lobbyists and advocacy groups set up shop. Now NYRA has joined their ranks.

We don't yet have the computers we need for the office so I just went in yesterday to set up furniture and make arrangements with the Common Cause folks. No one from Mobilizing America's Youth was around, they'll be in California till late January, so Kim, the Common Cause office manager, showed me NYRA's room. The previous occupant seems to have just been one guy with a large desk and a chair. A computer was set up when I first arrived, but they came to take it away. Just a few odds & ends were left.

In the odds and ends I came across an action figure who I have promoted to status of official NYRA Office Mascot. He hasn't been named yet, perhaps the NYRA Forums can start a naming contest. (they ultimately decided on "Teh Almighty Youth Rights Pwnzinator Jahnbot of Doom")

I needed more furniture though since I want to squeeze three people into that office. All day while I was working on moving stuff people kept passing by saying there is no way I'll fit three people in there, hehe. But it isn't hard to do if you don't mind close quarters. Kim directed me to a room where they keep all their excess furniture and said I could take what I want from there. The room was piled to the ceiling with filing cabinets and shelves and such. You couldn't take a step inside the room before facing a solid wall of furniture.

Unfortunately the room didn't have any good desks of a suitable size for our office. Especially with the big desk that was in there currently. The only thing in that room that worked for us was a book shelf... and that was way in the back corner. So I played a massively scaled game of Tetris moving these blocks of filing cabinets up down and around to make room for me to reach the book shelf and then extract it. At long last it was ours:

Good thing too, since I brought some books:

I brought with me a few youth rights posters to add some decoration to the otherwise drab office. Some great ones from KRATZA in Germany and Votes at 16 in the UK. Better yet I finally found a use for one of those hundreds of wrist bands I have sitting around:

I figured the big desk was large enough we could put two people at it. So I just needed another desk to house our third dutiful NYRA worker. Nothing in the big storage room worked, but I spotted a small gray desk in another room that didn't seem to be in use. I asked and was granted permission to take it for our own nefarious ends. So lets give a hearty NYRA welcome to Desk#2:

Then I put some books in the shelf (I have more at home)

and then my damn camera broke. I don't know what the deal is, it just won't take more pictures. But of course since the screen hasn't been working for months I can't tell what the deal is. I put more posters up, and put our name out front in the little name-putter-inner thingy.

We just need some computers now so we can actually use the office. I'm working on that now. I picked up two monitors today and might pick a full computer up tonight (an old one though).

As I said in the last entry, this is NYRA's home. We need to make it look more like us, all of us. So we are definitely in need of more decorations from all the membership. If you have a scrap of something from your chapter, or just from you as a NYRA member that you think would look splendid up on our wall, please send it in!

Mail stuff to:

National Youth Rights Association

1133 19th St, NW

Washington, DC 20036

Tales from the NYRA Office, Episode 1
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Odin

Is that Rommegrøt in the foreground?

Rommegrøt:
          Nope, it's ordinary white (bechamel) sauce. Just milk, butter, flour and white pepper. A lot less fattening
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresson
            I believe in b etor. She is a fine spam buddy. Leave her alone or Lady Shiviana will have her dear girlfriends, Solveria and Trollina, for a cup of tea
            Solveria would be hard as I don't recall Solver ever posting a pic.

Comment

• bastard
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

• I'll contact my sources at the FSB and see if they have him on file

Comment

• b etor, this is the Net, it's weird that way. If you're on a mostly male site and say that you're a 15 year old girl, the two main assumptions immediately are that you're either an FBI agent seeking child molesters or a hairy 50 year old man . Then again, we've had all sorts of people here, strange and not, so even a young girl isn't that implausible .

And Spikey, look at my avatar . I'm actually quite photoresistant, as in, resist being photographed. It'd be hard for me to find a recent picture of myself if I wanted to. Besides, Zoid's and Nikolai's mugs are probably enough horror for the site .
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• I'd say you're more photovoltaic. If we saw a picture of you, we'd all get a nasty shock
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Hmm, a way of transmitting electric energy through pictures!

/me runs off to the patent bureau
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                        Solveria would be hard as I don't recall Solver ever posting a pic.
                        QFT. Instead of contributing, he's just spamming up the thread
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• indeed
                          Middle East!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai

It was made by three 15 year olds, whaty do you think?
                            Pwned by 15 year olds...

Spec.
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                              b etor, this is the Net, it's weird that way. If you're on a mostly male site and say that you're a 15 year old girl, the two main assumptions immediately are that you're either an FBI agent seeking child molesters or a hairy 50 year old man . Then again, we've had all sorts of people here, strange and not, so even a young girl isn't that implausible .
                              I don't see why it's so hard to accept that b etor is who she says she is. And besides, if the FBI wanted to set a trap there's all kinds of kiddie sites out there that are better suited.

Comment

• there are? and how do You know THAT?

(Heresson recalls that Zoid recently said he wants to be done in this thread, yet a mature Lady Shiviana he didn't find attractive...)
                                Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                                X