Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nikolai

Well, to take this camp as an example:

First day: Social activities and a short meeting where we sing and get a short (max 20 min) speach/whatever is the correct term. For those who want, there is possible to pray and such before and after the meet.

Second day: Social activities and two meetings as above, and the possibility to pray and such as above.

Thrid day(new year's eve): A meet and optional prayer and such as above, and, you guessed it, social activities (this day we were mainly in a sports and swimming hall). Then it was a new year's eve dinner with dates(set together by some of the leaders) and events like the ladies' and men's speach. Then it was time for a meet of entertainment by some of the leaders and participants. Then we had a "witness meet" where anyone could go up and say something, it could be f.ex. a bible verse, something one wondered on, something one had experienced, anything really. Then it was midnight and we went out to send up some firework(we had bought firework for approximately $600 if I remember the change rate right!). Then it was up to the individual if one wanted to go to bed, sing, pray, talk, eat sweets, play games etc.

Fourth and last day: A meet and optional prayer as above, clean up and goodbye.

Did that sound so bad?
    Sounds normal and while I as a youth was as far away from those activities i have been blessed as an adult to attend such activities with exception of

A) I can't sing; sounds like a dieing whale or something even though i enjoy it

B) If I go swimming then there is some sort of Law on the books of older,out of shape men in a Speedo or thong..just how ridiculus of a law is that

anyhoo

Nikolai..go for it and be blessed

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Sounds just like regular camp, except without the making out in the bushes.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva
        Sounds just like regular camp, except without the making out in the bushes.
        Oh they are there. It's just the Norwegians are very good at camouflaging those kinds of things in their descriptions with clever euphemisms. Social activities.

XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

• It's a normal camp with christian elements in addition I guess? What did you think it was? Oh, and I can assure you that there are some serious hormons going on in some of those youths we had the pleasure to be leaders for.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by vovan
            Social activities, clean up and goodbye. No strings attached. I like it!
            You filthmonger! I am shocked someone would stoop to such innuendo.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
              You filthmonger! I am shocked someone would stoop to such innuendo.
              Hey, I'm not the one spreading rumors about good christian kids and forking.
              XBox Live: VovanSim
              xbox.com (login required)
              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
              Spore page

Comment

• It´s no rumour, we have the pics to prove it!
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Yeah that's completely different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai

Well, to take this camp as an example:

First day: Social activities and a short meeting where we sing and get a short (max 20 min) speach/whatever is the correct term. For those who want, there is possible to pray and such before and after the meet.

Second day: Social activities and two meetings as above, and the possibility to pray and such as above.

Thrid day(new year's eve): A meet and optional prayer and such as above, and, you guessed it, social activities (this day we were mainly in a sports and swimming hall). Then it was a new year's eve dinner with dates(set together by some of the leaders) and events like the ladies' and men's speach. Then it was time for a meet of entertainment by some of the leaders and participants. Then we had a "witness meet" where anyone could go up and say something, it could be f.ex. a bible verse, something one wondered on, something one had experienced, anything really. Then it was midnight and we went out to send up some firework(we had bought firework for approximately $600 if I remember the change rate right!). Then it was up to the individual if one wanted to go to bed, sing, pray, talk, eat sweets, play games etc.

Fourth and last day: A meet and optional prayer as above, clean up and goodbye.

Did that sound so bad?
                    No drinking!?

Spec.
                    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• I tell you man, bring booze to a christian youth camp in norway and there will be another crusifixion
                      Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

• Or maybe another Sodom and Gomorrah?

Comment

• ....or a sodomitical forking
                          So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                          Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

• After 141 pages, this thread is officially thread-jacked. Talking about forking or no forking at christian camp....pffftt

Asmodean
                            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• Yes it is ridiculous.

As if there could be a christian camp with no forking.

Comment

• I´m sure Jehovas Witnesses don´t fork, but come to think of it they probably don´t have camps either

Comment

Working...
                                X