No announcement yet.

Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure about the full implications of "full finished basement" but we have concrete floor and roof and standing height, even though a few of the doors is so low I had to pad the upper treshold with foam to avoid cracking my skull should I forget to bow my head(I am 186cm tall)

You can't live down there but it's good enough for storage, my workshop and my firing range
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

• Originally posted by bongo
      Not sure about the full implications of "full finished basement" but we have concrete floor and roof and standing height, even though a few of the doors is so low I had to pad the upper treshold with foam to avoid cracking my skull should I forget to bow my head(I am 186cm tall)

You can't live down there but it's good enough for storage, my workshop and my firing range
      Thats what i meant

Same as in Northeast USA where I grew up
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• bongo, just out of curiosity what types of wodd do you use for the deck or porch? Cedar? I would assume thats abundant in Norway but Im not sure. Anyway just curious having built about a dozen decks or so in the States (I have a LOT of brother in laws)
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoid
          Some old gravestones from one of the cemetarys I work at. You can read 1686 as a death date, but the cemetary (and some of the church) is from the 11th century.
          What do you do with the old gravestones/graves?
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25
            Anyway just curious having built about a dozen decks or so in the States (I have a LOT of brother in laws)
            What do you expect when you go around advertising your sisters in your avatar like that?
            Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25
              bongo, just out of curiosity what types of wodd do you use for the deck or porch? Cedar? I would assume thats abundant in Norway but Im not sure. Anyway just curious having built about a dozen decks or so in the States (I have a LOT of brother in laws)
              Have to check but I'm almost certain it's not cedar. We don't have much of it here as far as I know. Probably pine or fir. I'm not good at telling them apart once the bark and branches are gone

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP

Pretty obvious they keep the very old ones for showing off

More recent graves will be recycled, at least in Norway. Spent several summers working at cemetaries myself when I was younger. Fresh graves have a 20 years grace period when they're not touched except for new burials within the same family. After the first 20 years, relatives can renew the "lease" for successive 10-year periods. Once it reach a certain age (100+ years?) it will be permanently protected.

Stones no longer in use will be crushed and used as gravel.

Comment

• looking nice mate

well done
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP

Nothing much, we tend the graves. Cutting the grass and stuff like that. The stones are just leaned against the wall, someone should take care of them too IMO.
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Pretty obvious they keep the very old ones for showing off

More recent graves will be recycled, at least in Norway. Spent several summers working at cemetaries myself when I was younger. Fresh graves have a 20 years grace period when they're not touched except for new burials within the same family. After the first 20 years, relatives can renew the "lease" for successive 10-year periods. Once it reach a certain age (100+ years?) it will be permanently protected.

Stones no longer in use will be crushed and used as gravel.
                      There´s a few deserted cemetarys in Gothenburg, old cholera cemetarys and old hospital cemetarys. These are protected by The National Heritage Board. A few stones remain on those. And the ordinary cemetarys keep the graves as longs as someone is paying for the plot. if they don´t they´ll be sold to someone else and the gravestone may be rewritten

Comment

• Did I mention I like cats? Well, no need telling that to the cats themselves.
                        Attached Files
                        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Too bad I have no pictures of me throwing them around (away) when trying to sleep.
                          Attached Files
                          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rommel2D

What do you expect when you go around advertising your sisters in your avatar like that?
                            Who said that was my sister?

And Im referring to my wifes brothers, and her sisters husbands.

Dont you need to go work on some rule sets somewhere?
                            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
                              Did I mention I like cats? Well, no need telling that to the cats themselves.
                              Aww

Comment

Poor PR, made a post to clear thing up and only managed to cause more confusion

Well, at least *I* got the point, finally

The answer, btw, is less than one turn.

No more beeing a comedian for me ?
                                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                                X