No announcement yet.

Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mighty impressive stuff you can find on Acropolis. I was just as amazed this time as I were in '99 when I was there last time.
    Attached Files
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Some of the scenery on Acropolis. I have no idea what happened to the colours.
      Attached Files
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• Me and the Big Temple to rule them all. Too bad it got blown pretty bad up by us westerners back in the days.
        Attached Files

Comment

• The Olympia Stadium. I had to go a bit too near because of some silly bus which decided to park right in front of it just as I were to press the camera button.
          Attached Files

Comment

• The Lion Gate, the oldest gate in Europe, made 3000 years ago by the first European civ ever. Mighty impressive stuff!
            Attached Files

Comment

• This pic showing Nafplion reminds me of Caesar III.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai
                Me and the Big Temple to rule them all. Too bad it got blown pretty bad up by us westerners back in the days.
                Hm, I thought the türks were responsible for that one? Oh well, might have to read up on my modern greek history
                Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

• Nik, that last pic is awesome. I love mediterranean cities and their old towns.

Comment

• Originally posted by bongo

Hm, I thought the türks were responsible for that one? Oh well, might have to read up on my modern greek history
                    The Turks stored explosives there. The Venetians(I think, at least some westerners) decided to bomb that part of town.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy
                      Nik, that last pic is awesome. I love mediterranean cities and their old towns.
                      Yeah, that view was great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai

The Turks stored explosives there. The Venetians(I think, at least some westerners) decided to bomb that part of town.
                        Then the türks are to blame. Using a building for war-purposes makes it a target, no matter how "sacred" or valuable it is.

(I suspect neither part cared much about the temple anyway)
                        Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

• That was my thought too, but the guide was very much against that view it seemed. But you're right, neither can have cared much.

Comment

• Great pictures Nikolai!!!!
                            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Even the Sun knows of the inevitable triumph of Communism...
                              Attached Files
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• no, the sun is black!

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                                X