Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Crunch
    I told Paddy he shouldn't have holidayed on Pleasure Island with Pinnochio
    See, one of reasons why smoking is hazardous to your health.
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• I just returned from a trip to Egypt and I got hundreds of pictures I'd like to share, but I'll try to restrain myself a little

I have to say that Egypt is the most f*cking amazing country I've ever been to (and I've been to quite a few already), even without all the pyramids and temples. If you ever have even the remotest opportunity, go there

Here's a sight I never thought I'd see: me as a Dutch cowboy on camelback (Those camels aren't nearly as smelly and gross 'in the wild' as they are in zoos and circuses -- they were actually an enjoyable ride)

Too bad that from this angle you can't see the Gizeh pyramids that were in the background...
      Attached Files
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Me in the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, with the colossus of Amenhotep III and Tyi in the background...
        Attached Files

Comment

• Now tell me Egypt isn't a magnificent country...
          Attached Files

Comment

• Taken from the High Dam in Aswan, with the Nasser Lake in the background (the largest artificial lake in the world, stretching well over 500 kms (300 miles) in length).

Yes, that's an Apolyton shirt I'm wearing
            Attached Files

Comment

• Probably the closest anyone will ever get to capturing a Fata Morgana on camera... (It looks far, far more spectacular when you see for yourself of course, it's an illusion after all)
              Attached Files

Comment

• Me on a felucca (traditional Egyptian sailing ship) on the Nile near Luxor. Zop should recognize that shirt
                Attached Files

Comment

• Some of the Egyptian tombs and temples look like they've been painted only yesterday. This one (at the temple of Hatshepsut, Luxor) doesn't look nearly as spectular as some of the other paintings I've seen, but it's (understandably) one of the few we were actually allowed to take pictures of. Still not bad, considering it's almost 5,000 years old (and no restoration was ever done to it).
                  Attached Files

Comment

• There's dozens more pictures that are worth showing, but I've already posted more than I had planned to. I'll wrap things up with a picture of my family at a workers village just outside the Valley of the Kings: mom and dad on the left, sister and her boyfriend in the middle and me on the right.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Welcome back Locutus... the piccies look absolutely amazing. An awesome vacation, indeed.

Comment

• now those are fantastic pics.

Comment

• Awww the cute camels.
                          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Great egypt pix. The camels by the pyramids are always a difficult shot. The guide told me to "touch the top" a trick by sticking your arm out and angling it just right so it looks like you are touching. Of course the guide was blind or a jerk so it was way off.

Anyways, here's one of me on "vacation April 2003," guess where...
                            Attached Files
                            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Whee, E!

Locutus - Thanks for the pictures, they were terrific. I want to go to Egypt someday myself. I'm curious, did you do the whirlwind tour thing or did you limit yourself to several locations? So far you went to Giza and Luxor according to the pictures.
                              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
                                me as a Dutch cowboy on camelback
                                Yee-har, ride, you wild Tukker!

Originally posted by Locutus
                                Zop should recognize that shirt
                                I hope you did mind the gap when (dis)embarking that boat.

Great photos

Comment

Working...
                                X