New Feature request.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Feature request.

I have seen this on several other forums so I suspect it is a ready made add on which could be quickly and easily added here at Apolyton but which would greatly improve the forum's readability. Basically, when ever you click on a thread it automatically takes you to the first new post in the thread.

It is great for posters using smart phones or tablets as it saves scrolling time which can be tedious on a small screen. Thanks.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Two days have passed, there have been more than 70 thread views, but no response from the admins.

I guess it is true. No one reads the site feed back forum. Not even the mods.

Comment

I guess I'm not sure what you are asking for?
      Simply click on the icon next to the thread title an it takes you to the last post you read in the thread...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I remember the icon you are talking about from browsing the website on my PC or laptop. That said, the icon does not appear on android devices (smart phones or tablets).

I am suggesting we do away with the icon, as it doesn't work on all platforms, and instead impliment an alternative solution which would work on all plarforms. If you check out other forums, like wordforge.net, they have an add on bit of code where if you click on a thread title it automatically takes you to the first new/unread post. No seporate icons are needed. This alternative solution does work on android devices where as poly's current icon aproach doesn't seem to work on android.

Comment

Ahhh... I was unaware of that. I mostly access the site from a PC. I'll mention this to the Overlord.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes, OT is a better place to get our attention usually. It's a good suggestion and I'll look into what would be involved in implementing it.

Comment

When I browse the site on my phne (android), I also see the icon, and have no problem going to the first post. Unless you are using tapatalk, in which case the problem is probably theirs?
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

It may be specific to one of the themes. Which theme do you use on your phone? (I think the mobile theme is stripped of many features.)

Comment

I specifically don't use my phone to visit poly because it overall just doesn't seem to work right...

Note 3 using Chrome.

Default theme I think. Does it automatically put you in the mobile theme?
                  I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                  X