What happened to Search?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Search?

I was looking to find the last time someone posted to the forums, and search came back with September 2003. I know that isn't right. I did a test, looking for my own latest posts, and while Search did come back with results from 2012 and Dec 30, 2011, the next newest posts were from September 2003. What's going on?

These newest search problems sprung up after the latest downtime, as far as I can tell.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I trashed the search index. I got tired of fixing it, especially if you have to reboot the server first. It turned out that the search index went to big. I am rebuilding it but it won't contain words smaller than 5 characters this time. If it goes too big again then I won't index the archives again. Unfortunately, I need the archives indexed for some content restoration.

Anyway, search should find any post added too the database afterwards I trashed the search index.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

As long as I can still search for Evil, Evil Finland, everything should be golden

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower View Post
          As long as I can still search for Evil, Evil Finland, everything should be golden
          If you enter this it will look for "Evil," and "Finland", it won't look for "Evil" since that is shorter than 5 characters, but you can still search for "Evil, Evil Finland". In any case you will find something.

And by the way, the search index has been rebuilt. Well until the next time.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Wohoo.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Bugs has the link to that in his sig.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X