BAN ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
    He hasn't posted again. Did he break his own rule about banning? What a shame that would be.
    Well, his last activity was:

November 6, 2011 17:30 GMT+2

I declared victory on:

November 6, 2011 18:28 GMT+2

So looks like he pissed off an hour before, maybe he thought I wouldn't remove him from the Unregistered/Not logged in usergroup. That usergroup is pretty restrictive. But importantly it is not treated as a banned group, so the users don't show up on the ban list. They don't get those nice ban messages and whatever the forum has in stock for them. He could just not post.

Also the Ban me Idiots usergroup is not treated as a group of banned users. I know it is a little technical detail, but well he never was banned on this site.

Anyway, maybe I should find him. Unfortunately his site isn't linked here anymore, for some reason the autocensor ate it. But maybe I should find another place that he doesn't control. I thought of this one, but it seems to be too late.

Anyway there will be another place but now a detailed list of what I did.

I created a new usergroup based on the guest usergroup (Unregistered/Not logged), I think I kept most of it as it was, since it is restrictive anyway.

He may not edit his profile
    He may not edit his signature
    He may not edit his avatar
    He may not pm
    He may not view other profiles
    He may not vm
    He may not post new threads
    He may not edit his posts
    He may not post in threads others have started
    He may not search
    He may not attach files
    He may not view attachments (maybe I don't remember)

I removed two restrictions compared to the guest group:

He may post in his own threads
    He does not have to follow forum moderation rules

This means he can only post in this thread, and his posts don't go into the post moderation queue. The forum moderation queue is a place where posts go first for such users before they get only. There I can post them, delete them or censor them. That would have been the other solution.

Now we just have to find a new place where I can tell Newgod that he is not banned on Apolyton, and tell the admins there him what nice cage I build him.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• OK, I checked the emails from the support form, he had some trouble to activate a DL, and concluded I banned is IP, well whatever we have on the list of banned IP, it was not my fault anyway, admitted that I won. So be it.

-Martin

Comment

• Another notch on the AAHZ-Belt™
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Who cares... he was acting like a two year old. enough said...
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yeah, but think of all that wasted effort by Martin. Shame.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
              Yeah, but think of all that wasted effort by Martin. Shame.
              Indeed a shame, I wanted to see him testing the post throttle, just one post per day.

Originally posted by Ming View Post
              Who cares... he was acting like a two year old. enough said...
              You should take him a little bit more seriously, in fact he just played a game. You can win it or you can lose it. His challenge is to get banned, my challenge is to get him of the site without banning him. Basically, this game is about putting the rules upside down. Normally, banning is a punishment, but here it is a reward. In the end I managed to get him off without banning, so I won and he lost. And since he is a fair loser I can let him go, it's just a game like Civilization, which this site is all about.

-Martin

Comment

• Why should anybody take him seriously... he was a self absorbed child. His whole "I can't leave unless I'm banned" tantrum is something to be expected from a baby, not a rational human being. While I do indeed laugh, respect and salute your way of handling the moron, it doesn't mean we should take him seriously.

He simply was playing a child's game, and one which he lost big time when you out classed him. Nice solution.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Someone could email him and let him know he's not banned......

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• I just read all 6 pages of this.

And I feel much smarter.

Comment

• Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• WTF, HE ASKS TO BE BANNED AND I GET BANNED REPEADEDLY throughout time (perm banned once from one login) AND DON'T WANT TO, YOU KNOW THIS IS ****ED UP!

*******s!

Comment

• Futhermore if you really want to banned do something like post molestation cartoon about children of mohammed on here, but you'll prolly end up being killed by terrorists later on as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X