Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with the ugly underlining?

?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

It's amazing how every new features and upgrade makes Apolyton a little worse. This site feels incredibly bloated now. Since the last upgrade, scrolling is not smooth at all and the ui buttons in the reply area are extremely slow to respond.

Comment

I also can't tab-enter to post.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        I also can't tab-enter to post.
        Tab-enter takes you straight to the quick reply box.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Underlining.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Please bring back the old edit box, it was better.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              Tab-enter takes you straight to the quick reply box.
              Tab does absolutely nothing now...

Comment

Tab does absolutely nothing now...
                It works on Chrome, sucker
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

No. It does not work in IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera. We must be using different themes/settings...

Comment

I've just come to ditto this thread. It is truly fugly...
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Get rid of the popup that tells me that I will lose stuff if I close the window. Please.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

What's wrong with link underling? It makes it clearer what a link is and what not. So you don't just rely on color. For some reason I found only one style variable that allows me to make the links be underlined. The links on the forum side bar aren't underlined, even so they should be underlined, too.

Besides that I am tinkering around with the styles. I made the font black in the light style, before it was a dark gray, and I made the font white in the dark style, before it was a light gray. That increases contrast. I am still not happy with the link color in the light style it does not have enough contrast. But a pure blue is ugly.

The long goal is to reorganize the themes on Apolyton. The light style and the dark style don't have a common base theme, that means whenever I want to modify those I have to modify both in the same way, even so they should be identical except for the colors. Also the wide styles and no background styles should go. Wide and no background should be separate user profile settings. That saves me from creating three new styles each time I want to create a new color scheme.

So far, I haven't fixed all the style issues. I still have to fix some colors and merge some templates. I stopped merging templates, because most of them have been merged, that only leaves the problematic ones, in the default style for instance that forum notification box has a shadow. In the wide light it has not. In that respect the wide light style is in pre-upgrade state.

-Martin
                        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

The underlining is distracting, busy, and unnecessary. There's a reason the vast majority of websites stopped doing it circa 2000.

Comment

The underlining is distracting, busy, and unnecessary. There's a reason the vast majority of websites stopped doing it circa 2000.
                            Well, actually it is more complicated, more important is consistency, and with the current style I cannot archive it and least not so simply. So I simply reverted it and try to find another way to increase the link visibility.

-Martin
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X