Closed Threads Thread in Off Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed Threads Thread in Off Topic

Please do away with it. Why leave trash threads advertised? It's bull**** to leave the thread there. Delete threads, don't file them, if they're so bad. Otherwise, leave them open. Right now it's half-ass.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

One of the ideas is that a wrong deletion can be undone, and people can find their old threads back if they wonder what happened to them.
    But maybe we can just remove them after 7 days. There's indeed no need for them to stay available forever.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

You mean those threads in the closed threads forum. Well, I could make this forum only accessable for staff members, so that ordinary users aren't bothered with them. And case of doubt we could still get a thread back. But I wonder how often that happened in the past. I guess rare enough, so that it is worth to keep them.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

nm
        Last edited by SlowwHand; June 18, 2011, 11:57.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
          One of the ideas is that a wrong deletion can be undone, and people can find their old threads back if they wonder what happened to them.
          But maybe we can just remove them after 7 days. There's indeed no need for them to stay available forever.
          Good idea. You know how trigger-happy these mod-types can be.

Comment

I'd rather just leave them in the normal forum, closed, to sink without a trace.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Agreed. There is no need to give a thread extra attention or an extra reason for people to try to create threads that will be closed.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

First they took our poster hall of fame, now they're taking our thread hall of fame...where do you draw the line?
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                  I'd rather just leave them in the normal forum, closed, to sink without a trace.
                  So be it then.
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                  X