How Do I Report Posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Report Posts?

I came across a post that is obviously a spambot, but I couldn't find the 'Report Post' button. Is it turned off?

Here's the post I wanted to report...

Originally posted by xiaoguo0722
    Someone who is not aware that it is a game gets involved and manipulated by the games player who knows the moves of the game better.by the hair straightening iron Official retail
    by the hair straight iron Official retail
    Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Below every post there's a bar, at the right side it says "reply" and "reply with quote", etc.
    On of the icons is an exclamation mark in a triangle. Press it to report a post!

Thanks, I've banned the spambot and removed his message.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Thank you. Now that you point it out I wonder how I missed it.
      Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
        ...and removed his message.
        Except someone went and quoted him, didn't they?
        Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

And I'm grateful for it. That iron changed my life.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Catfish View Post
            Except someone went and quoted him, didn't they?
            There's always someone who quotes the spammer and I'm always tempted to delete both posts "as spam" (resulting in all posts of those users to be deleted and a perm ban).
            But I never did it so far. One day I may not be able to resist.

Comment

Eh? What's so difficult about editing the post of the quoter? The whole purpose of that style of spamming is to elevate the rank of the linked site with various search engines by embedding links on this site. Mission accomplished.
              Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

It's very time consuming to do that. There are many spam-reports and unreported spammers every day. Killing spam-posts and banning spammers is quite time consuming. (relatively of course). Editing posts of people who quote the spam only adds up to that.

Comment

Don't you have moderators for that?

Comment

yes.

Comment

Working...
                    X