Scenario League requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario League requests

I know you guys still have your hands full with the changes you've begun, but over at Scenario League we have some questions and requests.

1. What happened to the many graphics uploaded to the SL forum? In particular, the threads - Ancient/Pre-steam Units, Non-Unit Graphics, Medieval Unit Graphics, Industrial Unit Graphics, WWII Unit Graphics, Modern Unit Graphics, and SciFi/Fantasy Unit Graphics - no longer have the many excellent graphics stored there over the years by our members. Can they be restored? Will they, and if so, when? We know you're busy but we'd like to know if this stuff is on your list.

2. We would like the forum to display uploaded files, specifically those in gif. and png. format. Jpegs currently display. Can you accomodate this? If so, can you let us know approximately when? Thanks.

3. Archived threads are also a very important resource. I know this is dealt with on another thread, but I want to put in our 2 cents worth on this issue as well.

We appreciate all that you are doing to maintain and improve a home on the net for Civ fans. We recognize that the site makeover presents many challenges and much work. And that covering the launch of Civ 5 is a priority (and you're doing a very good job of that, btw). Still, the Scenario League has been a loyal part of Apolyton since the beginning, and there are certain things we need to operate properly. Easily handled and viewed graphics are the most important requirement for us. Thanks in advance for your help and cooperation.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

I agree with Techumseh. It would be nice to not lose and have access to the 10 years worth of graphics posted to these boards.

Comment

I agree with this request.

Comment

Ditto.
        AKA Tanelorn.
        Big, big smile.

Comment

To reinforce what Tech says, if we lose the old graphics attachments from the Scenario League we have effectively lost 10 years of beautiful mods, including those by legends of civ Nemo, Alex, BeBro and Erwan. These guys put 100's of hours collectively into their art; hell this site exists largely for the likes of these guys and their succesors who mod civs 3 + 4 to post their stuff.

As for Tech's second point, why can't we post png screenies without them being turned into jpegs? jpegs are utterly useless for relatively small civ2 unit icons.

Thanks
          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Agreed!
            "Peace cannot be kept by force.
            It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Our old server is still up and running and available. Everything is still there.
              I'm going to see how I can open it read-only.
              We're going to see how we can move things automatically, but then at least you can start to move stuff yourself manually.

I'll look into the file formats that are supported in threads. Most probably somewhere this week.
              PM me if you get the idea that I forget it.

Robert
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I also endorse these comments
                SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
                SL INFORMATION THREAD
                CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

That's a start. Thanks Robert, we're looking forward to the restoration of the file formats being supported.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thanks Robert.
                    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

I have been looking around for the auto-image conversion options, but no luck yet.
                      Just FYI.

Comment

Thanks for the effort, it would be a shame if such valuable resources were lost.
                        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

It would be, but we won't let that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                            It would be, but we won't let that happen.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Hosted sites, including the Scenario League wiki, are down again.
                              Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Working...
                              X