Your Archives Don't Work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Archives Don't Work!

Hey guys, I was looking for a thread in the archive. I couldn't find it by searching for it so I did it the old fashioned way by looking for the appropriate thread creation date. However when I found the thread, it was empty (and presumably why the search failed).

Did you FUBAR somewhere along the way?

Here is the example anyway.

http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...eave-The-North...

Thanks
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Wow, what speedy technical support!

Yours sincerely.

Disappointed, from Eltham

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

From what I understand, it has something to do with transferring the databases; you may notice that old attachments still are not yet accessible. I know the old attachments are coming back. I am not so sure of the time table regarding the archives.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Old attachments? I'm not even seeing any posts
        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I'm glad I'm not paying for this service
          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

The content of the archives haven't been moved to the new server yet.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
              I'm glad I'm not paying for this service
              I'm glad you're not either. I couldn't stand a larger version of that terrible avatar.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                The content of the archives haven't been moved to the new server yet.
                OUTRAGEOUS!

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                I'm glad you're not either. I couldn't stand a larger version of that terrible avatar.
                This is only a temporary witty stand in, actually
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Still nothing
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

The archives are lost.
                    We weren't able to move them.

Comment

I'm glad people of your collective calibre aren't involved in the data migration in any projects I'm involved in.

"Sorry, there's no data migration, we lost the previous system".

Speaking of Erith:

Comment

It happens a lot at MS migrations
                        And as a matter of fact, a lot of data is not migrated in professional organizations either if it costs more then it benefits. In this case it would have cost a huge big lot more

It still stinks though

Comment

Hmmm, MS.

Well it depends on whether the data is still required or whether it is just legacy data which will normally be archived and retained. I tell you, a lot of effort goes into moving critical data effectively.
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

let one or two Crazy german Admins in and it all goes pete tong same thing happened to the Ladder and it WILL happen again!

Comment

CONSPIRACY I SAY!

Comment

Working...
                              X