Now about the new content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
    @Nikolai: apparently you're not really interested in civ anymore. Too bad.
    CS, I really liked you once. That is, before you went and became a pompous site owner who showed so clearly how little you cared for the wishes and opinions of others. What do you know about my interests? Let me tell you a "secret": I'm very interested in civ. Perhaps more than you, judging from your treatment of the civ community.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Nikolai: you are very misreading everything I write. My response to you was based on your last post in which you made clear that you skipped the homepage as quickly as possible to get to the forum. On that homepage there is a lot of exclusive apolyton civ5 content. Too bad that you missed it.

how little you cared for the wishes and opinions of others.

I don't see how anybody can come to that conclusion.
      There are 5 threads in which we are inquiring all the problems people have with the new design, promises have been made many times already for improvements.
      The only problem is that these styles can't be applied straight away. It's not that simple. It's not all that standard.

So what do you want from us?
      All we are meeting here is a crowd of people (definitely not all people! it's a minority) that explain every post we make as negative as possible.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

There are five threads where you have got quite clear info, and refuse to act before you get to bottom of the deeplying causes. All I want is a sign of you listening and reacting. What I see is lots of listening without any seeming want to do anything. Nothing would make me happier than being proven wrong. So...

As for the front page/spotlight/whatever: The most important part of the site in the long run is the forums, the discussions and activity there. And the content. As such, you need more than just a link to the hub I'm afraid. And Civ2/3/4 will be important for a long time yet. It would be a huge loss for the site if these parts is not being readded to the site at some point. As for news, you should see how WPC does it under the new software. You use the same as far as I can see. In this software, all news posts can be made a forum thread inside the relevant forum, and all posts/threads can be made news. That would help integrating the two parts of the site.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

1. The info is clear: people don't like it. For some b/c of some biological issue. Especially that last was good to learn. I'm glad that I asked a few questions. I don't understand why people are going crazy on me for asking questions. Especially if you consider that the complains were acknowledged immediately. There's a huge negative vibe among some of you. There's a filter installed in some of your brains that transforms every input automatically into something negative that should be whined about.

2. We have released new styles on the first day. (wide, wide without background, normal without background). Don't say that we didn't act.

3. a complete dark on white background takes time to make. Especially if you consider that Jeroen is busy on another project, and did already spend about 3 weeks 100% on Apolyton.
          And no, importing a standard style is not going to work because Apolyton is not standard. It has to be tweaked. We then'd rather make a good style. We're still considering tweaking a standard style though.

4. As has been said several times before, yes, we will try to bring all old Apolyton content over. Remember that this stuff is often stored in very difficult formats and that it may be very hard to get it over, especially if you consider how hard it already was to go from vb3 to vb4.

5. I am already working on this news/original thread link. We may not use the system as WPC/CFC use it, b/c that forces us to post all news threads in 1 forum. We'd rather have the news threads in the forum where they belong. (ie. misc, civ4, civ5) (as far as I can see, in WPC they're all stored in one forum. I may be wrong though). I already have the tool, I'm just going to test it first in the test environment.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
            5. I am already working on this news/original thread link. We may not use the system as WPC/CFC use it, b/c that forces us to post all news threads in 1 forum. We'd rather have the news threads in the forum where they belong. (ie. misc, civ4, civ5) (as far as I can see, in WPC they're all stored in one forum. I may be wrong though). I already have the tool, I'm just going to test it first in the test environment.
            Noted on 1-4.

As for 5, I don't know for CFC, but WPC posts news in the relevant forum. The news forum is a left over from vb3.

Comment

Working...
            X