This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MxM View Post
    I think every post in this thread is polite and constrictive. That is excluding yours
    Yeah, sure, but most of us who read such things as "my god this design is ugly" and "It is like designed by 5 year olds" know what really happened here, don't we MxM Love the widescreen theme by the way guys, works like a charm!
    You are all individuals

Comment

Just another example that change is not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Rempedaalops View Post
        Yeah, sure, but most of us who read such things as "my god this design is ugly" and "It is like designed by 5 year olds" know what really happened here, don't we MxM Love the widescreen theme by the way guys, works like a charm!
        "My god, the this design is ugly" is actual HONEST reaction or description of how I feel when I look at the website. That's exactly the words I hear in my mind. It is not intended as insult. The 5 year old design is again my attempt to describe my general feeling of the website - bright colors and lots of mess. I just can't find better description for that than to compare it to something I would see in toys R us, or actually done by 5 years old. It is not intended as insult, but I was trying to describe it as accurate as I can (and it is not in this thread, by the way).
        Your comment about penis IS intended PURELY as insult (though I understand that it is jokish as well ).
        The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
        certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
        -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

I absolutely hope that my son will be able to create designs like this, he would be a genius, a mozart among web designers!
          He's only 3 now, so there's still hope!
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by MxM View Post
            "My god, the this design is ugly" is actual HONEST reaction or description of how I feel when I look at the website. That's exactly the words I hear in my mind. It is not intended as insult. The 5 year old design is again my attempt to describe my general feeling of the website - bright colors and lots of mess. I just can't find better description for that than to compare it to something I would see in toys R us, or actually done by 5 years old. It is not intended as insult, but I was trying to describe it as accurate as I can (and it is not in this thread, by the way).
            Your comment about penis IS intended PURELY as insult (though I understand that it is jokish as well ).
            Of course it was jokish, an attempt to lighten the mood (sorry if I really insulted you, my bad) and to make people realize that a few people worked really hard for nothing just for your enjoyment. I think they deserve a bit more tact; feedback and honest criticism is perfect, but imagine if you worked long hours and had no sleep just to build something like this for other people and then having to read topic titles like this and other harsh criticism. Don't be evil, 's all I'm saying. I'm sure you just wrote straight from the heart, and most likely because you really care for this place! That's cool, but just think twice before posting, and I will too

EDIT: RP, maybe you should get a color palette and have him point at three colors, it'll be RP's Spawn theme!
            You are all individuals

Comment

For what it's worth, I'm quite cool with the new design. Just direct me to the old contents: database for downloadable stuff etc., or is this site now forums and news only?

Edit: it seems to be quick as hell, that's one hell of a progress!

Comment

we're still looking into what to do with the databases. And how to do it.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy View Post
                  For what it's worth, I'm quite cool with the new design. Just direct me to the old contents: database for downloadable stuff etc., or is this site now forums and news only?
                  The answer is clearly: No! Give us some time ...

Originally posted by Ecthy View Post
                  Edit: it seems to be quick as hell, that's one hell of a progress
                  And will stay that way with the new shiny server environment

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                    I reserve the right to ***** as I have repeatedly offered to help.
                    didn't you tell me that you only offered to help because you knew they'd never accept it and you wouldn't have to actually do anything?
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I think the important thing is that after this step of the migration Poly is in a much better position to be able to move forward. Rather than being crippled by the old environment we have a situation where it's all running fast and creating new content is easy (and everyone can do it). It might not be perfect (yet) but it has the potential to be great again, which wasn't possible under the old environment.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                        didn't you tell me that you only offered to help because you knew they'd never accept it and you wouldn't have to actually do anything?
                        That's not true. I also knew it gave me a license to *****.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yeah, you wouldn't have *****ed otherwise would you?
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

...Ming?
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I have just managed to find the option to hide the background image and widen the screen. The background images were great on their own, live the Statue of Liberty, but didn't work with the posts floating on top of them. Now it is all one black screen I have to say that I quite like the white on black, though I can see why it might send some peoples vision haywire. Obviously a colour scheme option would be the best way to keep every happy.
                              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                              SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
                              SL INFORMATION THREAD
                              CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Of course it was jokish, an attempt to lighten the mood (sorry if I really insulted you, my bad)
                                Nah, you did not. I understood that it was part joke. Plus it was not directed to me specifically.
                                and to make people realize that a few people worked really hard for nothing just for your enjoyment.
                                Hey, it is not just for my enjoyment. They A) collect donations, B) display ads on website. They do not do it for me they do it for themselves, though the big part is simply they do it for the love of the game. And yes, effort is A+, but the result is C.

I think they deserve a bit more tact; feedback and honest criticism is perfect, but imagine if you worked long hours and had no sleep just to build something like this for other people and then having to read topic titles like this and other harsh criticism.
                                I think if I did this kind of job I would deserve the criticism. Moreover, it would be great motivator for me to do better.
                                Don't be evil, 's all I'm saying. I'm sure you just wrote straight from the heart, and most likely because you really care for this place! That's cool, but just think twice before posting, and I will too
                                Agreed.

EDIT: RP, maybe you should get a color palette and have him point at three colors, it'll be RP's Spawn theme!
                                HELL NO! I am a good critic, I am not good designer. Those people are GODS in my eyes.
                                The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
                                certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
                                -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                                X