X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeje2
    replied
    Back here - must have been a year since I last was here...

Apereantly I'm now just starting to believe that I've outgrown Civ
    hated Civ IV and sofar not liking Civ V either...
    For me nothing has beaten the old Colonization I

Edit: just checked... aperenatly been over 2 years... could be almost 3,5 years even
    Last edited by Jeje2; September 25, 2010, 05:25.

Leave a comment:

• slamp
    replied
    I just discover that a demo of Civilization 5 is available. So i check if apolyton.net is still existing, and I'm back, at least to test this new opus.
    Is-it the same team in charge of the forum as 10 years ago ?

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    Thanks Beatie! You're Dutch, I see! That's great

Leave a comment:

• Beatie
    replied
    I am Beatie (real life Erik)

I am comming from Holland, near Rotterdam (Spijkenisse), I am happy married, no children. I am 46 years young. I am a CIV player since Civ 1. Civ is the only game that I still play once in a while. Sometimes I play soccer games,but not often. I hope that many new players will join the Apolyton website, the BEST civ website of the world, the people are kind and know a lot about the game. If you want to be a better player, this is the place to be! You can ask anything you want here! I love this forum and this site
    Last edited by Beatie; September 21, 2010, 04:06. Reason: forgot to mention age

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    Welcome on board, pdxsean!

Leave a comment:

• pdxsean
    replied
    Hi everyone. I'm Sean, 38, live in Portland Oregon (PDX).

I remember not buying Civ I at the game store twice before I finally decided I'd give it a try. So many memories of sitting at my 286 (?) playing that. The day Civ II was released, I rushed to the store to buy it, only to get into an accident on the way home which required a urgent care visit and eight stitches... I am still proud of that Civ II-related scar.

SMAC is still my favorite game in the series, mostly because of the ability to build custom units and the land terraforming.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to Civ V! I've popped into Apolyton on and off over the years, but I think this is the first time I've set up and account and gotten involved vocally.

Leave a comment:

• Asher
    replied
    Hello, I am Asher.

Everything Ben is, I'm not.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    I'm Ben Kenobi. Former president of the CIV2 Demogames, former succession game player, former MAFIA writer and participant in silly games like GO and fantasy football. Resident OT denizen with an affinity for threads containing the words, "pope", "church", "Texas" and "Coulter".

I'm 29 born in Burnaby BC, but raised in Prince George. I have a BA in history from the University of Northern BC. I've lived in Prince George most of my life with my family, my mom, and brothers, but have spent significant time in Vancouver for work and school. I'm a convert to the Catholic church, confirmed in March of 2005.

I've worked quite a few jobs but primarily as a freelance writer and owning my own tutoring business has taken up most of my time recently.

I haven't played much modern Civ III or IV, but I really liked Civ2 and still get in a game from time to time. I mostly play scenarios, I recently finished off Harlan Thompson's final version of LOTR with both Gondor and Rohan.

My favourite hobbies are reading, playing computer games, watching football and astronomy.

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    Welcome on board, awckie!
    You certainly ARE a long time lurker!

Leave a comment:

• awckie
    replied
    Hi Everyone!

So I heard that Civ 5 was coming out and ran here (I was quite surprised by the server change... haven't lurked in awhile)

Yes the registration and post count on my stats are correct... Let's just say I am a VERY long time lurker.

I've been playing Civ since good old number 1, am in my late 30's and yes I am female. I live in wonderful sunny southern California..

The question my friends and family always ask me is "Are you still playing that same game?" Makes me laugh, because really, I've been playing the same game for what? 16 years? That's a long time to be playing the same game!

I remember back in the day when Civ II was coming out. I was on CompuServe back than on Game Pub B forum, and that is where Brian Reynolds used to post to get feedback about the game..

Leave a comment:

• ·Imhotep·
    replied
    @Scrotus:

You don't happen to know LUA and can code in it, do you?

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    Welcome on board ScrotusMaximus!

Leave a comment:

• ScrotusMaximus
    replied
    Ahoy fellow Civ players. I am a 26 year old programmer from beautiful Detroit, MI. Civilization has been a religious affair for me since the ripe age of 11. Chiming in now for the excitement surrounding Civ 5. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• campm@jor
    replied
    Thanks for the offer Robert (or Cybershy as I knew you by), but it doesn't matter. I use this account now and that's OK by me. I will become Prince soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    Hi campm@jor, PM me with some details of your original account which can ensure me that you are indeed him, I can then reset your original account and give you access again.

Welcome back!
    Welcome to Quintillus as well, thanks for your help earlier today in the civ3 forum!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X