• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't it about time...

You do something with the site...

You know, like the little things.
    Provide some "new" news.
    Expand coverage of games, of at least start a Civ V discussion.
    Maybe have some contests.
    Add some new content.
    Organize your old content better.
    Do something new for a change.

It seems like not much has happened with the site since the new owners took over.
    There seemed to be a lot of promises about changes and good stuff for the future.
    But where is it?
    What have you guys been doing?
    When can expect to see something new, even if it's just more shells for viewing the site?

It's been a while now since the transition occured, and I and some other posters were just wondering
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Originally posted by Ming View Post
    It seems like not much has happened with the site since the new owners took over.
    There seemed to be a lot of promises about changes and good stuff for the future.
    But where is it?
    You republicans are always complaining.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Even some of us more progressive thinkers have been waiting to see if something more than the one heavily-promoted new viewing style might be forthcoming at some point.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The different number of systems and the legacy makes it more complicated for us then we expected.
        Right now we're close to launch our 2nd server, which will work as a test-server where we can try stuff without breaking the system.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Good to know. Dribble a little news to the plebes once in awhile, CS. It's good to know there's something hapening, even behind the scenes.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
            The different number of systems and the legacy makes it more complicated for us then we expected.

NO SH*T

But on a more serious note, what about new content?
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

NO SH*T

But on a more serious note, what about new content?

I would imagine Bush would be thinking the same thing when YoBama speaks
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I'd like to know why my antivirus not my popup blocker is blocking some bull**** from this site (a pdf exploit).
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I'd like to know why I get logged out when I'm logged into the forum, go to the main page by accident and go back into the forum from there. (Whereupon I hit the back button a few times and continue to browse the forum still logged in). No doubt this is the fault of the prior evil administration and not the current one with such helpful and talented people such as OzzyKP.

Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                    I'd like to know why I get logged out when I'm logged into the forum, go to the main page by accident and go back into the forum from there. (Whereupon I hit the back button a few times and continue to browse the forum still logged in).
                    WePlayCiv also suffered from this problem, but it appears to be fixed now.
                    a.k.a. ainwood, CFC Forums Co-Administrator
                    Some Ainwood guy is so up his arse that if he ever had haemharroids (sp), he'd have to take the cream orally! What a total dick!

Comment

ColdWizard, perhaps you login to another domain then the main page links you to.
                      ie. you login to apolyton.com/forums, then go to the main page, and go to the forums through the link apolyton.net/forums.

Comment

I login to www.apolyton.net while the front page is without the www as is the subsequent link to forums.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

But where is it?
                          When can expect to see something new, even if it's just more shells for viewing the site?

It's been a while now since the transition occured, and I and some other posters were just wondering

Obama is on the ACS board of directors.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
                            I would imagine Bush would be thinking the same thing when YoBama speaks

Now I see this.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                              I login to www.apolyton.net while the front page is without the www as is the subsequent link to forums.
                              Well, try to login to poly without the www, and see if it then still happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X