This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned Words

Whilst there are solid reasons for the banning of outright profanities on a site like Poly there is one which I feel to be incorrectly on the list. B1TCH - see how easy it is to get around it anyway - can be used as a term of abuse but really does just mean a female dog and has a legimate place when used in context. I reckon it should be 'un-banned'.

Another point is that as Poly is so geared toward a US audience many abusive UK English words can be used without problems. 'Frigger' and 'Tosser' spring to mind as examples as they are no different from someone calling you a 'W****R'. There are numerous other examples especially as well as when you simply use the correct, English, spelling of profanities they go unnoticed. I know that if you delve into popularly know European insults similar examples are easily found.
    “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
    - Anon

Bollocks to that.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill View Post
      Bollocks to that.
      Go screw yourself you dickhead!
      - Anon

Comment

The ban-list is imperfect and incomplete and overcomplete. And yet there it is.
        Though I doubt that many of you will regularly need the word b*tch to refer to a female dog.

Perhaps we'll alter it in the future, for now it'll remain like it is.
        Please don't continue to show in this thread how imperfect it is. We all know that already.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

S****horpe.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
            The ban-list is imperfect and incomplete and overcomplete. And yet there it is.
            Though I doubt that many of you will regularly need the word b*tch to refer to a female dog.

Perhaps we'll alter it in the future, for now it'll remain like it is.
            Please don't continue to show in this thread how imperfect it is. We all know that already.

Richard, I did not wish to start a 'let us all post a new profanity' thread but merely ask for the 'un-banning' of what is, even if used as an insult very mild, a perfectly legitimate word. I tried to use it in a story-thread when describing the new leader of the regime as 'The new Top Dog with his B***h and Whelps' but it was *****'d out!

I suggest that you close this thread or it will become more like an 'Off-Topic' thread that would likely be removed by the moderators. I did only mean to make a serious point which is why I posted here rather than OT.
            - Anon

Comment

Richard

Thread closed by originator's request
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
              X