CivCon '09 Proposals for Break-out Sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivCon '09 Proposals for Break-out Sessions

The committee for CivCon '09 is happy to announce that we are currently accepting proposals for break-out sessions with Civ related themes.

Are you knowledgeable in a specific topic regarding Civilization games? Are you able to stand up in front of an audience and give an engaging presentation without wetting your pants? Can you speak English well enough to have people clearly understand what you are saying? If so, please read the specifications below.

Each break-out session will be approximately 45 minutes long. To apply, please send a detailed summary of your presentation as well as your bio to Cartimandua via PM.

The deadline for proposals is July 3, 2009.

We look forward to hearing your ideas!
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

I would be happy to present, but unfortunately I won't be attending. So instead I'll offer some ideas for possible presentation topics:

1. How to create a mod

2. How to get your significant other to play Civ

3. Girls playing Civ (in their pajamas)

4. Playing Civ while graduating from college, bigfoot, and other improbabilities

5. Field Trip: We take art supplies to a local McDonalds and attempt to culture flip it

6. Top ten mods you have never played

7. Ghandi vs Lincoln: Cage match with costumed fighters

8. Cards or Conquest: Each morning a poker tournament lasts for 2 hours. Players winnings are converted to Advance Start points for a multiplayer game for 2 hours each evening. The players score from that game is converted to credit for the next mornings poker tournament.

9. King of the Hill: 10 exciting ways to play civ multi-player

10. Strip-Civ: 10 exciting ways to play civ single player
    Last edited by Murg; June 23, 2009, 15:43.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't know practically speaking how much of the list -- the serious parts -- could practically materialize, but will be considered.
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Registration Now Live!

Registration for the event is now live! See my related post for details.
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
        X