separate podcasts, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• separate podcasts, please!

alright: so i went on iTunes and saw the PolyCast podcast, so i subscribed to it. i like it, but the thing is this: i'm getting the RevCast, but i don't have civilization: revolution - i only want PolyCast and ModCast. so, i would greatly appreciate it if someone made separate podcasts for the PolyCast podcast (the podcast series actually called "PolyCast" - not the "network" of Apolyton podcasts) and RevCast, so i can just subscribe to PolyCast and ModCast (there's already a separate one for "ModCast"). you can keep what's currently there, but the setup i've suggested would be much better. thanks!!!
    "Like Joseph Stalin, and Gandhi.
    I'm the Cult of Personality,
    Cult of Personality,
    Cult of Personality." ~ "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour

I too like the idea of separate feeds for the different Apolyton podcasts. I don't listen to the ModCast, but it d/l's regardless. The annoyance for me is the podcast selection options when placing them on my touch is not sophisticated enough where I can select only the ones I want, just options like 1-most recent, 1- unplayed, etc. Which is an issue when there are several other podcasts I listen to.

For me personally, there needs to be 2 feeds: (1) PolyCast & RevCast and (2) ModCast. I listen to those in option 1. :joke:
    "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
    --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Unfortunately, iTunes some time ago declined our attempts to list only the PolyCast podcast itself separately on its service. RevCast does not yet have a separate subscription option there as it requires the software to submit a podcast for inclusion (and I don't have it). We will be submitting an application for RevCast only to iTunes this month, however.

That said, we have a separate RSS feed for PolyCast, ModCast, and RevCast, and another feed that includes all three. We had not considered a feed for PolyCast and ModCast episodes only but, short of possibly some additional requests, we do not intend to. Even if we did, I highly doubt iTunes would approve the listing given past history.

From the issue you describe, dojoboy, it is a limitation of your audio device's software and not something that podcasters such as myself can redress.

Hope you're enjoying PC and MC, CivRules07. Thank you for your feedback. (I already know dojoboy enjoys the shows for one reason or another... )
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

alright - thanks! i actually haven't used an RSS feed before for anything, so would it just tell me when there was a new podcast, or would it actually download it?
        Cult of Personality,

Comment

You can always manually subscribe to any podcasts that aren't in the iTunes Music Store. To do this, in the Advanced menu, select Subscribe to Podcast and then enter the URL of the RSS feed (i.e. the links in Dan's post above) in the URL field. So to subscribe to just PolyCast and ModCast, subscribe to the ModCast-only feed in the iTunes Music Store and then manually add the PolyCast-only feed with Dan's link above.

But I will submit the RevCast-only feed and re-submit the PolyCast-only one (you never know) to iTunes this weekend. We'll let you guys know if they are approved by Apple (which tends to take a few days so bear with us), in which case you wouldn't even have to bother and could subscribe the usual way.
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Speakign of which... Locutus, when can we expect to hear from you on ModCast again? I was dissapointed to be on last time and not get to chat with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus View Post
              You can always manually subscribe to any podcasts that aren't in the iTunes Music Store. To do this, in the Advanced menu, select Subscribe to Podcast and then enter the URL of the RSS feed (i.e. the links in Dan's post above) in the URL field. So to subscribe to just PolyCast and ModCast, subscribe to the ModCast-only feed in the iTunes Music Store and then manually add the PolyCast-only feed with Dan's link above.

But I will submit the RevCast-only feed and re-submit the PolyCast-only one (you never know) to iTunes this weekend. We'll let you guys know if they are approved by Apple (which tends to take a few days so bear with us), in which case you wouldn't even have to bother and could subscribe the usual way.
              awesome! thanks! i'll hold off a couple days to see if the feeds are approved. if they are, then i'll subscribe to them normally. otherwise, i'll just do it the manual way, which is great too. thanks!!!!!!!!!!
              Cult of Personality,

Comment

Originally posted by Murg View Post
                Speakign of which... Locutus, when can we expect to hear from you on ModCast again? I was dissapointed to be on last time and not get to chat with you.
                Thanks I just missed the previous recording session by a few hours so I'll still be missing from this week's episode, but I should be back for the next one (if I don't fall asleep that is, 'cuz apparently in the time I was gone the guys moved up the record time a few hours to make it a late-nighter for me )

Comment

any progress on this yet???
                  Cult of Personality,

Comment

Sorry, I ended up not having time for it last weekend, but I did it a few days ago. Haven't heard from Apple yet though.

Comment

Success!

I am pleased to report in follow-up that not only has RevCast by itself by approved for addition to iTunes, but so has PolyCast by itself second time around.

I will be updated the PC website in the coming days to reflect these developments, and will note in further reply when that is done.
                      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Actually, those are just the confirmation mails for submission (no idea why they came in so late), they are still under review.

Comment

Actually, those are just the confirmation mails for submission (no idea why they came in so late), they are still under review.
                          Actually, there were two sets of emails: one for confirmation of submission (late as it was, yes), and another with confirmation of approval. The latter set was only sent to me, however.

Comment

Ah, good to hear. Weird that I would get one but not the other...

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ View Post
                              I am pleased to report in follow-up that not only has RevCast by itself by approved for addition to iTunes, but so has PolyCast by itself second time around.

I will be updated the PC website in the coming days to reflect these developments, and will note in further reply when that is done.
                              hmm...i see RevCast is up, but not PolyCast by itself...
                              Cult of Personality,

Comment

Working...
                              X