RevCast Episode 03: "Where It Goes, It Goes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RevCast Episode 03: "Where It Goes, It Goes"

Sounds simple enough. Regular co-hosts Annalee "Cartimandua" Barney, Joe "joebreeves" Reeves and Alexander "Alexander I" Strub are joined by first-time guest co-host Bruce "Grandpa Troll" Cronkite on the third episode of RevCast (RC), the newest Civilization podcast on the PolyCast (PC) network from Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS), focusing on Civilization: Revolution on its various platforms. "Where It Goes, It Goes" is now netcasting with a runtime of 14m59s.

RevCast is the second spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast on which Barney serves as a regular co-host as well; the modding-centric ModCast was the first such spin-off. Unlike either of its older siblings, RC has no defined segment categories.

To date, ACS is the only known community on the Web to produce its own Civ podcasts.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

- 01m41s | Topic #1
    After much promise, persistence and speculation, a 36-page manual for DS players is now available.
    - 03m55s | Topic #2
    On the four Victory conditions in general: Cultural, Domination, Economic and Technology (Science).
    - 09m39s | Topic #3
    How to win a Science Victory.
    - 12m20s | Topic #4
    The push for custom victory conditions, and how some have been realized already in a sense.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
    Who's such a nerd and why, the presence of a clearly offensive player, male fantasies and unfortunate hand placements, and a standing invitation to another podcast.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Looking forward to this. Downloading now. Be back in 15 minutes.

EDIT: Great show. Love the feature that you can Capture other Great People. That sounds fun.
      Last edited by xmen510; March 26, 2009, 10:29.
      You Learn Something New Every Day!
      Member of the ARDA MOD (LOTR)

Comment

Enjoyed not only participating but listening to the end production for release

Now, my best comments about ancestry, I do hope they make a future Polycast or Revcast

Looking forward to the next one as well

Thanks for the opportunity

Grandpa Troll
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I noticed you talked about your GamerTag in the intro, I did suggest to DanQ and Gramphos that they add XBL GamerTags and PSN Usernames to the profile fields on Apolyton.

I understand Gramphos is busy, but I wait in hope
          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Originally posted by xmen510 View Post
            Great show.
            Glad you enjoyed it. (I'm the show's Editor as well as its publisher, so I can 'legitimately' say that .)

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
            Enjoyed not only participating but listening to the end production for release [..]

Looking forward to the next one as well

Thanks for the opportunity
            You're welcome, and thank you for your participation.

Comment

Glad to see another show... I saw it post last night so I couldn't wait to get to work (that's odd) to listen to it and I wasn't disapointed.

Regarding the discussion of launching a spaceship to AC: I don't think capturing a specific city would stop the launch of the spaceship if it is already built. If I remember correctly (from the one time I went for the tech win), the components launched from the cities they were built in and the spaceship itself just launches from space. With that being said it would be neat if the space flight wonder would basically create a "mission control" building in the city it was built and if that city were captured you would be unable to launch or if the ship was it route it would be "lost in space".

I completely agree that stealing GP is a great feature.

Comment

Originally posted by clever id View Post
                Glad to see another show... I saw it post last night so I couldn't wait to get to work (that's odd) to listen to it and I wasn't disapointed.

Regarding the discussion of launching a spaceship to AC: I don't think capturing a specific city would stop the launch of the spaceship if it is already built. If I remember correctly (from the one time I went for the tech win), the components launched from the cities they were built in and the spaceship itself just launches from space. With that being said it would be neat if the space flight wonder would basically create a "mission control" building in the city it was built and if that city were captured you would be unable to launch or if the ship was it route it would be "lost in space".

I completely agree that stealing GP is a great feature.

Heck, funny but neat idea.."lost in space
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Glad you enjoyed the show! We really appreciate all of your comments.

We are currently taking topic suggestions for future episodes so if you have something that you are wanting us to discuss, please let me know.

Also, we would love to have some of our listeners join us on the show as guest co-hosts. If you are interested in participating, please send me PM.

Thanks again! I look forward to hearing more from all of you!!
                  In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by clever id View Post
                    I saw it post last night so I couldn't wait to get to work (that's odd) to listen to it

and I wasn't disapointed.

Comment

Working...
                    X