ModCast Episode 25: "Stuffed Stockings"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ModCast Episode 25: "Stuffed Stockings"

The important question is: what are those stockings stuffed with, Civ mods? The sophomore season of ModCast begins with its twenty-fifth episode, "Stuffed Stockings" (50m21s). Core panelists Tony "GarretSidzaka" Kiehl, Kenneth "Impaler[WrG]" Ferland and John "bt_oz" Archer with Tim "ruff_hi" Pratt are joined by returning guest co-host Derek "Kael" Paxton.

An official podcast of Apolyton Civilization Site, ModCast is an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on Civilization modding; its sibling show PolyCast focuses on Civ strategy. To date, ACS is the only community on the web to produce its own Civ podcasts.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

- 07m21s | Artist Sketchpad
    Examining the Industrial Mexicans by bernie14, Silvio Berlusconi LH by Krueger_Pritz, various leaderheads by The Capo, and Jingu by Ekmek.
    - 25m36s | Modder's Spotlight
    On the conclusion of the "Fall from Heaven 2" MOD with creator, Derek "Kael" Paxton.
    Last edited by DanQ; February 28, 2009, 23:44. Reason: Typo
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Thanks Dan
      ModCastNewest Episode!
      Beyond the Sword: Road to War Art Development

Second Revolution 3.0 Creator

Comment

Originally posted by GarretSidzaka View Post
        Thanks Dan
        Welcome.

On a semi-related aside, streaming capability of this episode has been corrected. Direct downloading had not been affected.

Comment

Hey, thanks for talking about my LHs in your show. A few comments though;

Charles V was the King of Austria, Burgundy, the Netherlands, Spain, ruler of a multitude of Italian territories, Holy Roman Emperor, and was said to rule over an Empire in which the sun never set. And he is actually based on Bernie's Castro, not a Colonization LH. Although his attire does come from Colonization's Spanish King.

Gustav Adolph was the King of Sweden and is called "the Lion of North" and the "Father of Modern Warfare." I have another version of Gustav coming as part of my 14 civ European Module Pack. Totally different model for this one, Gustav was the first LH I ever made.

And finally that Pharoah is NOT grabbing his beard (you blind mofos) he's cracking his knuckles! I called him Pharoah so as not to disrespect NikNaks or MethylOrange who made Amenhotep III and Akhenaten respectively (which were the basis of my Pharaoh design), otherwise I would have gone with one of those names but I felt it would be disrespectful in a sense since I was a new LH maker and they just released those versions.

I have a bunch of new LHs coming out in my module pack. Christian IV of Denmark, Urho Kekkonen of Finland, Stefan Stambolov of Bulgaria, Yaroslav the Wise of the Kievan Rus (he will be a leader for Ukraine), Mindaugas of Lithuania, Dusan of Serbia, the new Gustav Adolph I've already mentioned, and Guilliame Henri Dufour of Switzerland. It will also feature great LHs by yourself Tony (my name is Tony as well), and Ekmek, as well as Amra and a bunch of others who I can't remember at the moment. The modules will also have fully-flavored unit sets as well as some new UUs and UBs (for some of them) and a lot of new units I made myself. There will also be a lot of new flags and buttons that MadmanOfALeader made as well. You can see my work so far (I keep my threads well updated with screen shots of WIPs and unit-set previews) at CFC in my LH Gallery and the Diplomacy Mod thread in the Modpacks forum.

If you are interested the modules are Austria, Ukraine, Switzerland, Denmark, Bulgaria, Ireland, Finland, Lithuania, Serbia, Romania, Italy, Scotland, Sweden, and Poland.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, I just want to put the word out there, and thanks again for featuring my work on your show.

EDIT @ DanQ; what's going on with that show you were talking to MMC and OzzyKP about doing? About the DGs?
          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

hey thanks, but to us we still think he was grabbing his beard!!!

anyway one of these days im gonna shanghai you onto the modcast
            ModCastNewest Episode!
            Beyond the Sword: Road to War Art Development

Second Revolution 3.0 Creator

Comment

Originally posted by The Capo View Post
              EDIT @ DanQ; what's going on with that show you were talking to MMC and OzzyKP about doing? About the DGs?
              Due to limited availability of those who expressed an interest in participating during the 2008 holiday season, plans were preliminarily set for recording a special early this year -- but nothing more definitive. Perhaps your post here will jog the interest of those to get the effort started back up again.

Comment

Or I could just yell at everyone.
                "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Originally posted by The Capo View Post
                  Or I could just yell at everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X