Cannot upload a file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot upload a file.

For some reason, I cannot upload a single file, even a 1-byte long txt. It just says "Upload of file failed."
    However, I can see people attaching images in the OT forum without any problems.
    I'm using Opera/9.62 (Windows NT 6.0; U; en) Presto/2.1.1 and Restricted style.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

You're not the only one, I've had at least one other report of that problem; but I cannot replicate it, on a test user in the 'registered' user group I can upload files fine (with Firefox). Perhaps test out Firefox or IE? Also, perhaps test out Restricted-Extra Wide style?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

It worked fine for me last time I tried, a few days ago. I used FF3.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Tried it in Opera and IE7 in both Restricted and Restricted EW style. 4 failures.

Comment

What editor style are you using?

Can you send me a screenshot both of before you click on manage attachments to upload, and of the upload window when you get the error (with the error showing)?

my user name @ gmail is my email address, since you obviously can't upload it here

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
            What editor style are you using?

Can you send me a screenshot both of before you click on manage attachments to upload, and of the upload window when you get the error (with the error showing)?

my user name @ gmail is my email address, since you obviously can't upload it here
            Standard editor style.

I've sent you the shots.

Comment

Has anyone managed to solve this problem? I get the same error message, and have tried Internet Explorer, Firefox, every different form style, etc. I really need to upload images here for one of the ongoing Demogames too. Please help.

Comment

Upload works for me Are you surwe the pics aren't too large for the site Sullla?
                Attached Files
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I have not successfully figured out what is wrong yet. Yes, Krill, it's specific to certain users... I can't replicate it here, so I can't figure out what's wrong. Hopefully Gramphos will have a better idea (I've asked him)...

Comment

Originally posted by Krill View Post
                    Upload works for me Are you surwe the pics aren't too large for the site Sullla?
                    I can't even upload a file from teh web, a small gif file.

Comment

Due to the ridiculous size limit of less than 1 MB, i am unable to upload my Civ 4 BtS Wolfshanze Save games for bugs and AAR's without a 3rd party file host (which i dont want to do anywai)
                      Last edited by ZEE; January 24, 2009, 12:18.
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

No, it has nothing to do with file size, Krill. No file whatsoever will load, even 1KB text files. I initially thought it was an issue with my laptop or connection, but I can upload files to my own private server, and to other websites, all with no issues. Something isn't working right with the Apolyton forum software.

Anything you can do to correct the issue would be much appreciated.

Comment

For me to be able to look into the logs and see if I can see any error messages I'd need to know the time when you fail to do an attachment.
                          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Gramphos:

I want to attach a save from a MOD in a bug thread that is about 1.2 MB. The limit is like 996 KB or something similar. Compressing the file does nothing to reduce its size. Please raise the file limit for save games (BtS)
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Size limit of BtS saves increased.
                              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                              X