X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't read archived threads

Nt

I can.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

What happens when you try, TCO? Any error messages?
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I can't read them either. When I visit a thread no posts appear.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
          I can't read them either. When I visit a thread no posts appear.
          Go to the display options of that forum and change it to: From the Beginning

If I remember that was the thing Locutus didn't do when he adjusted the display of the forums, since there are so many of the archieves.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

All archived posts are not imported from the old system yet (due to an old hack to reduce the size of the post table). The archives will be made available again at a later time, but we didn't want to dealy the launch of vB3 for solving this issue.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos View Post
              All archived posts are not imported from the old system yet (due to an old hack to reduce the size of the post table). The archives will be made available again at a later time, but we didn't want to dealy the launch of vB3 for solving this issue.
              Ups, I just checked the forum list, and not the threads themselves.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
                Ups, I just checked the forum list, and not the threads themselves.

-Martin

It's kind od annoying that this sort of practice is so common.

Comment

Any news about when we will be able to read the posts in the archives?
                  Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh View Post
                    Any news about when we will be able to read the posts in the archives?
                    Not yet. I still have to decide on the way to go there. I'm leaning towards reimplementing the old hack for keeping the posts in a separate table, rather than just inserting them into the post table, as the later would roughly double the size of the post table, which would be a bad thing for performance and backups. Which means that I, or somebody else would have to write that hack, and if I were to do it I'd suspect that sometime around next weekend would be a god time for me to do it, unless other things shows up. I might be able to make the old forum cache of the archives available earlier.

Comment

I didn't understand much of that, but I am glad that you are there.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Archive threads are now available. There are however many interactions with archives which aren't working fully yet.

Comment

search and showpost in archive is now working. Report any issues with things that doesn't work in the archive that you think should work in the archive.

Comment

Thanks for the memories.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                            X