Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you insist on playing with the database during peak hours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you insist on playing with the database during peak hours?

The database is insufferably slow today.

Seriously guys, common sense...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

It's so I'm not affected.

Comment

I haven't noticed any slowness myself.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Me neither.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I haven't either, it must be user error.
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Forums can be hard for the uninitiated.

Comment

I saw it. Where is Mark G to say "tracert, tracert". And why don't you ever volunteer to help the site, Asher?

Comment

You guys weren't on at the time, I guess. It's fine now.

At the bottom of the page it indicated 98% of the time in MySQL which is abnormal. Someone was doing database "maintenance" or other heavy scriptwork. Made loading pages take forever to start...
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Since our staff is mad up of volunteers, they do the work when they can. And we are happy that they do, no matter when they do it
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    You guys weren't on at the time, I guess. It's fine now.

At the bottom of the page it indicated 98% of the time in MySQL which is abnormal. Someone was doing database "maintenance" or other heavy scriptwork. Made loading pages take forever to start...
                    You should look at the server load just above that, too. If the server load is high and SQL is taking a while to respond, it could mean that the server is doing database dumps for backups.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                      Since our staff is mad up of volunteers, they do the work when they can. And we are happy that they do, no matter when they do it
                      I'm willing to give free seminars on cronjobs and scripts, in addition to responsible database maintenance (eg, phased work that is automatically done in small batches every 5 seconds rather than all at once).

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

You should look at the server load just above that, too. If the server load is high and SQL is taking a while to respond, it could mean that the server is doing database dumps for backups.
                        I don't see server load. PHP and MySQL only.

Comment

geekzs

Comment

Working...
                          X