PolyCast Episode 56: "Recording for Posterity"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Episode 56: "Recording for Posterity"

When appearing on PolyCast, an official podcast of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS), you never know when you say something that it might be used as an episode title... though you may be forewarned now and again. The fifth-sixth episode of the show, "Recording for Posterity", is now netcasting. Regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Makahlua and Imran Siddiqui are joined by returning guest co-hosts Matt "Nugog" G. and Methos.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy. This past summer, a special marking the release of its fiftieth episode this summer was released with never-before-heard moments from production to that point. Now more than two years since making its online debut, it is up for the "Best Produced" and "Gaming" category nods in the 2008 Podcast Awards with voting ending next week. Its sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding.

To date, ACS is the only known community on the Web to produce its own Civ podcasts.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

- 05m14s | Senate
    Which Constitutional freedom is most important to you in Civilization IV: Colonization.
    - 07m16s | Forum Talk
    Proposed unique bonuses for Civilization IV religions, do you rework tiles of newly conquered areas, case for a Financial Crisis event in Civ IV: Beyond the Sword and Workers in a pack or alone.
    - 22m29s | Vault
    On the gameplay experience that is Civilization: Revolution.
    - 29m58s | Mailbag
    Requiring more than a technology to found a Civ IV religion.
    - 35m15s | Vault
    Three recent Civ IV gameplay experience recounts.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
    The coolest looking king, colonial leader and native leader in Civ4Col, where and when one co-host is at in the 'real world' and another co-host's confusion on the personal status of two others.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

* Crickets chirping... *

Comments (i.e. positive and/or constructive criticism, questions) on this episode, anyone?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
          Thanks, Dale.

Comment

I had listened to it, just hadn't commented.

Comment

It seems that no one is commenting because they are so very disappointed that I am not on this recording.
              In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimandua
                It seems that no one is commenting because they are so very disappointed that I am not on this recording.
                Well, it's true. Hope you return soon.

I did enjoy #57 much more than this one.
                Of course, it could have just been me: I listened to 56 while playing civ; with 57 I was just listening.

Wittlich made up for your not being in 57 to some extent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                  I had listened to it, just hadn't commented.
                  I appreciate your responding to my 'call' for comments.

Originally posted by Cartimandua
                  I certainly wouldn't rule that out as a factor. I myself am disappointed when the show's four regular co-hosts aren't together for a recording, but understand that it's not always possible/practical.

Originally posted by Jaybe
                  Of course, it could have just been me: I listened to 56 while playing civ; with 57 I was just listening.
                  Ahhh. Did the content play a part in this view too, perhaps, looking back (and out of curiosity)? That is, the content of this episode not being as of much interest to you as #57's.

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                    Ahhh. Did the content play a part in this view too, perhaps, looking back (and out of curiosity)? That is, the content of this episode not being as of much interest to you as #57's.
                    It seems so, particularly since I have retreated from my intent of getting Civ4:Colonization. But you must understand, when I'm playing civ most of my attention was on PLAYING CIV! There weren't that many mental resources LEFT to listen to the polycast. It didn't strike me as worthy of my listening again to it.

Potential Lesson: Maybe I should just refrain from listening to the polycasts in general ...
                    while I'm playing civ, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
                      Potential Lesson: Maybe I should just refrain from listening to the polycasts in general ...
                      while I'm playing civ, anyway.
                      With the qualifier at the end, I think you pass... just.

Comment

Working...
                      X