PolyCast Episode 53: "How Do Hotcakes Sell?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Episode 53: "How Do Hotcakes Sell?"

They may or may not end up being nominated for a couple of podcasting awards, but their winning combination of entertainment and information continues. Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Makahlua, Imran Siddiqui and Annalee "Cartimandua" Barney continue to lead the panel of PolyCast, an official podcast of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS), in its fifty-third episode. Joining them for "How Do Hotcakes Sell?" now netcasting is first-time guest co-host Ron "Sisiutil".

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production of ACS is an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy. Earlier this week, a special marking the release of its fiftieth episode this summer was released with never-before-heard moments from nearly two years of ongoing production. Its sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding; to date, ACS is the only known community on the Web to produce its own Civ podcasts.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

- 05m39s | News
    Profiles on both the French and Spanish nations in Civilization IV: Colonization, the Civ4Col official website launched, and system specifications disclosed and Take-Two Interactive experiences some financial success in the third quarter of this year.
    - 12m55s | Forum Talk
    No events or quests in Civ4Col, why Civilization IV can't have the "fun nature" of Civilization: Revolution [Vault], and Tank and Anti-Tank units in Civ IV: Beyond the Sword being backwards.
    - 28m21s | Senate
    The approach to disbanding old units in Civ IV.
    - 33m43s | Miscellaneous
    What actors and actresses would you have in a live-action movie based on Civ (IV specifically).
    - 37m14s | Research Lab
    Older units that are not upgraded striking in the later Civ game.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
    Nominating the show for two 2008 podcasting awards, the 'Best City' competition with the... challenge that is World Builder, and the most downloaded PC productions from August.
    Last edited by DanQ; September 22, 2008, 10:55.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Thanks to Jaybe for the email about the typo in the post above -- corrected.

Comment

Another good polycast

I'd leave some more constructive comments but this will have to do until I have some more time.

The link to the "no quests & events" thread leads to a civ4 thread.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
          Another good polycast

I'd leave some more constructive comments but this will have to do until I have some more time.
          'k.

The link to the "no quests & events" thread leads to a civ4 thread.
          D'oh! Thank you for pointing that out -- link corrected.

Comment

The RedBar™ calls this a PolyCat. How many MonoCats were used in its creation? And what is a MonoCat when compared to a regular Cat?
            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
            "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Originally posted by MMC
              The RedBar™ calls this a PolyCat. How many MonoCats were used in its creation? And what is a MonoCat when compared to a regular Cat?

Comment

Originally posted by MMC
                Fixed at last.

Comment

I hope the cats were removed humanely.
                  Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                  "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

No animals were harmed during the making of this episode, or any other production for that matter, of PolyCast.

Comment

"If you leave the website up for at least 60 minutes it starts creating a wormhole"

Good show

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypto
                        "If you leave the website up for at least 60 minutes it starts creating a wormhole"
                        Glad you liked that comment in particular.

Good show
                        On behalf of the team, thank you kindly.

Comment

Dan only speaks for himself!!

Oh.. thanks Gramps.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Dan only speaks for himself!!

Oh.. thanks Gramps.
                            Erm, would you be referring to Apocalypto's avatar (and that GT uses it as well)?

Comment

Working...
                            X