Database problems AGAIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database problems AGAIN?

So what happened? I've only got database errors for the last few hours.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Why the server need to rebooted, and why the MySQL service on the server needed to be rebooted itself afterwards, is still under investigation.
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

This looks to be related to the previous SNAFU as reported by Grandpa Troll et al.
        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

It was out for more than the 3 hours suggested in the closed thread - more like 6.

Comment

Unfortunately I wasn't online during the irresponsiveness of Apache that originated the reboot, so I don't have to full picture of what happened. However from the description of the problem, and knowing the measures taken to deal with the high load reported by Grandpa Troll, I'm quite sure that this problem was not related to that one.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

After doing some investigation I've now found out that the problem with Apache not responding was the database service being down. I don't know why it went down.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
              X