Database problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database problems

Lately I've had an often recurring problem with the forums. Several times a day, sometimes several times an hour, I get messages like the one in the picture below. Mostly it's related to opening my threads, but in some rare circumstances, it also have showed up when opening normal threads too.
    Attached Files
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

We're doing a lot of work behind the scenes at the moment, which is causing extra stress on the server and database -- we try to avoid overly taxing the site but sometimes it's unavoidable. MyThreads is an especially large and complex script, making it one of the first things to break when the database is having to do a lot of work, so in that sense it's to be expected that it might suffer from breakdowns in these circumstances. That said, Gramphos and I and the rest of the team do sleep/work/etc so if you're having this problem frequently you must be keeping pretty much the exact same schedule as us...

Our apologies for the inconvenience, but I'm afraid it may continue for another few weeks. This is the time of year when we have the most time to work on the site, we don't want to waste it! Once we complete our current project the problem should largely go away, but that won't be for another while (we don't have an exact planning, but we're working as fast as we can). The only advise I can give you is to change your schedule around a bit if you can, try not to be online when Gramphos is
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Okay. Roger that.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
        We're doing a lot of work behind the scenes at the moment, which is causing extra stress on the server and database -- we try to avoid overly taxing the site but sometimes it's unavoidable. MyThreads is an especially large and complex script, making it one of the first things to break when the database is having to do a lot of work, so in that sense it's to be expected that it might suffer from breakdowns in these circumstances. That said, Gramphos and I and the rest of the team do sleep/work/etc so if you're having this problem frequently you must be keeping pretty much the exact same schedule as us...

Our apologies for the inconvenience, but I'm afraid it may continue for another few weeks. This is the time of year when we have the most time to work on the site, we don't want to waste it! Once we complete our current project the problem should largely go away, but that won't be for another while (we don't have an exact planning, but we're working as fast as we can). The only advise I can give you is to change your schedule around a bit if you can, try not to be online when Gramphos is
        Thats also what I fugured Locutus

On these meds and odd hours im keeping i have seen it different times as well

thanks for all youir folks work, we all appreciate it and will remain faithful while site continues to have roadwork compleed!

Gramps
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
        X