Flash Player Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Player Problems

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 04:32.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

I can't imagine Apolyton itself breaking your flash player ... does it even happen if you don't view any threads with flash in them?

I'd guess it's more that you just have a flash problem in general ... can you uninstall flash and reinstall? Or your browser, perhaps?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

@AAHZ:

Many people over many websites experience this kind of thing. I'm myself experiencing this kind of problems, after 2 seconds the flash player stop playing the vids.

The problem doesn't appear in Explorer.
        bleh

Comment

I haven't had this problem. I have, however, had, and have, large problems with the site. It keeps giving me erros when opening pages. Mostly when opening my threads, but also when opening normal threads.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

This is not a problem with Apolyton specifially, but a FF3 issue:

Based on some experimenting, it happens specifically when you load a large number of YouTube embeds at the same time -- for me at least the problem seems to start at around 20 objects, but YMMV (I don't know if it's specifically YouTube vids or any Flash object, but in this there are only YouTube vids). Until Mozilla/Adobe/YouTube fixes this, I would recommend one of the following solutions:

- Manually set the number of posts per page for that thread to a low value (20-25 should work most of the time) by adding &perpage=20 at the end of the URL;
              - Install the NoScript extension and disable youtube.com by default, then manually authorise the loading of the videos you want to see one by one (I can load all the vids just fine this way, even if there are 30+ on a page);
              - Install the IE Tab extension and switch your rendering engine to IE before you open that thread.

There may be even more ways around it, but this should give you should options already.
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

Yes.
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

You could also use flashblock, presumably... that should accomplish the same thing as noscript but a bit easier to deal with.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                    X