PolyCast Episode 49: "Jump Right Into This"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Episode 49: "Jump Right Into This"

Multiple personalities may explain much but perhaps not enough. The forty-ninth episode of PolyCast, an official podcast of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS), is now netcasting. Entitled "Jump Right Into This", it runs for 44m59s in length. Its panel is made up of regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick and Makahlua with Annalee "Cartimandua" Barney and returning guest co-hosts Ian "AAHZ" Hodges and Derek "Kael" Paxton who also goes by "Murg".

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production of ACS is an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; its sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding. To date, ACS is the only known community on the Web to produce its own Civ podcasts.
    Last edited by DanQ; August 23, 2008, 23:42.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

- 06m26s | News
    Information and screenshots on Civilization IV: Colonization from this year's E3 gathering, and is the game morally "offensive".
    - 18m34s | Research Lab
    A listener suggested topic: playing Civilization on a hex instead of a square grid.
    - 23m46s | Forum Talk
    Why Civilization IV's governors are so bad and no Trophy support for Civilization: Revolution gamers on the PlayStation 3.
    - 32m23s | Senate
    Placing your Forbidden Palace National Wonder or not at all.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
    The reciting of the "Ode to PolyCast", the initial run of CivRev in the United States having sold out, which Civ IV menu screen do you use and a quiz to label you a Nerd, Geek, Dork (or normal).
    Last edited by DanQ; July 27, 2008, 02:23.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

It turned out great. I never realized how difficult comments refering to different parts of the conversion make editing. Especially when the show isnt presented in the same order it was recorded. Still you did a great job of making it all sound coherant and it was fun to listen to!

Comment

was fun would do again. So far my ForumWarz mates liked it too
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Download Notice

If you downloaded this episode prior to 2:15AM EDT today, please discard and re-download -- the order of the segments was not as intended in the original release and I have corrected it. I apologize for any inconvenience and confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Murg
            It turned out great.
            Thanks.

I never realized how difficult comments refering to different parts of the conversion make editing. Especially when the show isnt presented in the same order it was recorded.
            I did catch one minor oversight of mine in terms of the ordering -- after release of this episode no less -- so I corrected that.

Still you did a great job of making it all sound coherant and it was fun to listen to!
            Originally posted by AAHZ
            was fun would do again. So far my ForumWarz mates liked it too

It was a pleasure having you gentlemen on the show again.

Comment

"Write a play"

Great show all around.

I'm big on hexagons myself and I predict that they are inevitable if Civ games keep coming out. Something I've quietly been looking forward to.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                I'm big on hexagons myself and I predict that they are inevitable if Civ games keep coming out. Something I've quietly been looking forward to.
                We'll have to agree to disagree on both the prediction and the desire it seems. Regardless, I'm pleased that we discussed the topic on the show at last (though if it hadn't been for the listener suggestion on it in recent weeks, we wouldn't have still I'm sure).

"Write a play"
                Wait, who said that?

Great show all around.
                Thanks.

Comment

Okay, I just listened to this episode, and I thought it was great! This one seemed especially funny to me. I laughed as much listening to it as I did when we were recording it. lol:
                  In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimandua
                    Okay, I just listened to this episode, and I thought it was great! This one seemed especially funny to me. I laughed as much listening to it as I did when we were recording it. lol:
                    Excellent.

Comment

Good episode indeed Lots of interesting and varied discussion.

Originally posted by DanQ
                      PolyCast . . . is an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy
                      Oh, but it's so much more!

Comment

Originally posted by MontyLaremane
                        Good episode indeed Lots of interesting and varied discussion.
                        Thanks. That's one of our primary goals with the show.

Oh, but it's so much more!

Comment

Working...
                        X